Thursday, November 14, 2013

little man down


Judah has been throwing up on and off since Sunday. I took him to his doctor on Tuesday and they said that he should be fine if he doesn't throw up for 24 hours. Almost 48 hours passed and I decided that I would take him out on a play date at the mall today. I should have known something was up when he didn't want to ride his favorite horse on the carousel but wanted to sit down with me. Then on the ride back home he kept complaining about how bright it was outside and I reassured him that we are almost home. Living in Northern Virginia almost home could mean 10 - 45 mins depending on the traffic and today was not our day for a quick ride home. Stuck in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic with people trying to cut me off Judah started vomiting all over himself. It wasn't like Sundays or even Tuesdays it was worse. I felt helpless as I watched him break down and cry because he was covered in his own vomit. We finally made it home. I had to strip him as soon as we walked inside because he was soaked. He was exhausted and crying. My heart just broke for him and I was angry at myself for taking him out to soon. After a nice soothing bath, toast, watered down Gatorade and a pile of his favorite library books, Judah was ready to nap. I had to wait for Scott to come home to help me with the car seat clean up. It is now its 10 pm and we just finished cleaning up the last of the vomit. I swear our home still smells.   

My little man is down and I am mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. I have done over 15 loads of throw up laundry in the past week. I am almost out of my cleaning supplies and  my brain can't even comprehend the words I am typing right now because my mind keeps wondering if Judah is going to be sick again tonight. I will not be able to update my shop tomorrow with all things that are sparkly gold as promised. Instead I am going to spend tomorrow and the weekend recuperating with my family and I will have the shop updated on Monday at 2 pm. I am also going to give away a handful of "hope" banners on IG on Monday as well. 






(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy, I hope he is back to normal soon! I will keep my eyes peeled for the giveaway, I have a friend who could really use some hope and optimism right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.