Tuesday, November 5, 2013

getting creative with my toddlers meals

Anyone close to me can tell you my biggest problem with Judah is getting him to eat breakfast. Each day I would beg him to eat anything. A tasty smoothie, his favorite pancakes and eggs, cereal or even a donut. Anything to get this boy to eat. He would typically take a few bites during a two hour period and refuse to eat the rest. Then while we are out at the park or running errands Judah has an epic meltdown because he is hungry. This would happen every.single.day. I was at my wits end and even stopped going to as many play dates because I could only handle so many major meltdowns out in public. Finally a few weeks ago after browsing Pinterest a light bulb went off in my head. I decided I am going to get a little create with his breakfast to see what happens.

Instead of making Judah his regular pancakes and eggs I made him a pancake family, walking outside near a bacon and banana tree. I left the room and sure enough he ate the entire thing! He also didn't crash later that day.




I decided to try getting creative with as many meals as possible. Instead of spending my first two hours of the morning begging Judah in frustration to eat he started eating. Not only his breakfast but his lunches and dinners. Here are a few examples of things I've made Judah in the past.



If you want to try this out at home with your child I would suggest you get some of the basics.

Wilson Cupcake Markers (you can find these near the sprinkles)
Pre-made pancakes (lifesaver since I can't make pancakes)
Cookie cutters! (you can turn a plain peanut butter sandwich into anything!)
 candy eyes (bakery aisle)
Raisins or tiny chocolate chips for eyes and or noses.
You can cut up all kinds of fruits and veggies to add to your plate.

Im not sure why this works for Judah, but its fun for us both. Instead of getting stressed out each morning my brain is trying to figure out what I can surprise my son with next. 

Get creative and have fun!




(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that a little fun was all it took!? My son also refuses to eat breakfast, it doesn't help that I'm not a breakfast person either. I can pour myself a bowl of cereal but that's as far as I get creative-wise. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute! I should try this for the littles I babysit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! this is sooo fun. such a good mama! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! Shows the intensity of love you have for your li'l one! Indeed the best way to make him eat his breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.