Friday, September 27, 2013

10 Smiler. Encouraging our troops.


Whenever I hear of a 10 miler I always think of the Army 10 miler that is held here in the DC area in the fall. If you have ever ran or attended the Army 10 miler or the Marine Core Marathon in the DC area then you are well aware of the strong sense of patriotism during the race. When you arrive at the race your in awe of the sea of people dressed in their military fatigues and your heart swells up as tears come to your eyes when you hear the cannon go off signaling that its time to start running. When Scott suggested that we encourage our adopted soldier hero Brett with an "Army 10 smiler" I asked him what he meant. Scott wanted to go into Wegmans and find 10 special treats that we can mail off to our friend that would encourage him and make him smile as he finishes out his race while he is being deployed. He has a few more weeks until he is home and reunited with his family. Scott wanted to help him push through the last few weeks by encouraging him with an Army 10 Smiler package. I know when your running a race those last few miles are the toughest. 




I had a few people ask me about "adopting a soldier" who is deployed to encourage them. If you are interested in adopting someone for a few months feel free to email me at jessica.a.west (at) gmail.com and I can get you connected to someone. Its really inexpensive to send out care packages and I know the soldier and their family appreciates that someone is encouraging them. Also if you know of a soldier who could use some encouragement email me their information and I can try to get them connected to someone. 


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.