Sunday, August 11, 2013

take what you need {encouragement}

A few months ago while searching for some encouragement ideas I saw this "take what you need" tear off on Pinterest. I loved this idea and kept it in my back pocket, meditating on how I can use it in one of my encouraging it forward adventures with Judah. Today after church I started to put together one of the tear offs. As I was putting it together and writing down the words love, hope, faith, prayer ect I started to think of the people who will look at the tear off. I wondered if they would look at it after having a hard day, hearing some bad news or if they felt like they needed a hug. I questioned myself "How can I make this more personal to the random stranger looking at this. How can I impact their life".  Then I thought of one of my sisters who is going through a really hard time right now. How recently she started writing verses in her facebook status updates and how appreciative she is when I randomly text or email her an encouraging verse.  I'll probably never meet the people who read these tear offs so why not sprinkle some hope in my encouragement.
 
take what you need from Jessica Judkins on Vimeo.



For the non scripture tear offs I used the words people already used on Pinterest. I wrote the tear offs with colorful markers so they standout and look cheerful. For the tear off with the verses I thought of which verses are encouraging me to me (I'll probably use different ones for each tear off I create).
 
The tear off in the picture above I used the following verses:

eternal life {John 3:16}
hope {Psalm 33:20}
faith {Hebrews 11:1}
peace {Matthew 11:28-30}
prayer {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}
forgiveness {1 John 1:9}
joy {Romans 15:13}
comfort {Revelation 21:4}

Judah and I are going to tape these up tomorrow while we walk our neighborhood and the local college campus. I figured since its a Monday people would need to tear off a piece of paper to serve as an ebenezer (stone of help) to keep in their pocket to remind them that they have hope.

I would encourage you to create a few "take what you need" tear offs and tape them up around your community. Feel free to use the one I posted!
  
(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this idea Jess!! Maybe I can do this at my work! We're going through one of our stressful seasons at work where the children wear us down (at a daycare), teachers quit or get better jobs, and it feels like there is no uplifting. Thanks for the idea:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! I'd also love to know how the different tear offs that you posted look after a few days. It would be interesting to see if there are any trends (ex If some words were torn off more than others, if the college campus had different words torn off than elsewhere in the community, etc.). Either way, I'd like to try this, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing and so inspiring! I would love to come across this. I will definitely be adding this to my list of things to do. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and oh so moving :') my girls and I are so going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Kendra. I love this idea and I'm doing it today!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.