Tuesday, July 16, 2013

when running out of toilet paper inspires you

A few weeks ago my husbands job held their annual family work day. I wasn't able to bring in my camera or phone so we don't have pictures to document one of the best days of Judah's life. Besides riding a pony for the first time, Judah was able to build a mini rocket and see it launch into the air. Every since Judah has asked me several times a day for me to go out and buy him a rocket. He is 2.5 years old and I am not about to buy him a rocket. When ever he asks me these boyish adventurous requests I always hear "you'll shoot your eye out" in the back of my head. Today as I was trying to get a little privacy while Judah was pounding on the bathroom door I was inspired by my empty toilet paper roll. Why don't I just build Judah a rocket with what I have lying around the house. 


This is how we built a safe toddler rocket after nap time.

What you need
*toilet paper roll (not pictured)
*scissors
*hot glue gun or Elmer's glue (the hot glue gun worked better and dried faster)
*paint markers (or any type of crayon/paint/marker)
*black and white construction paper
*yellow and orange ribbon


While I was cutting out the circle out for the cone of the rocket I gave Judah the white paper to decorate for the siding. When he was finished I hot glued the siding then the cone onto the rocket. I turned the rocket upside down and glued on the yellow and orange ribbons for the rocket flames. This project took me 15 mins to make and Judah has not put down the rockets. He keeps throwing them up in the air and running around the house with them pretending they are flying into space. 


This is a great project to do at home, especially when the temps start to soar into the upper 90s and now I don't have to worry about him poking his eye out with a sharp metal object.


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

  1. love this! I'm a nanny so this is a great idea to craft with my little man! Thanks for the idea! <3 looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.