Sunday, June 2, 2013

yummy sweet potato hash

I've been searching for some savory meals that I can make in batches so I can reheat and serve through out the week. Making these meals allows me to grab a healthy meal on the run and it also helps me to keep the stove off during the day when its hot outside. A few weeks ago my good friend Brooke posted a picture on Instagram of a sweet potato hash that she made. As soon as I saw the picture I immediately texted her and asked her for the recipe. I'm going to ask Brooke if she will write a post on her blog on how she makes her hash, I changed up her recipe and created a slightly different hash. I try to make this in two big batches twice a week and put them in one serving size tupperware containers so Scott and I can grab and reheat. This meal is perfect for me during the week, especially since I am going to mommy boot camp and come home exhausted and wanting to grab and eat anything I see. This way I am able to eat something healthy and more filling than grabbing a handful of cookies. Here is how I make the sweet potato hash.



{ingredients}
3 big sweet potatoes (peeled/diced)
1 medium shallot (diced)
olive oil
turkey kielbasa (diced)
tin foil

{directions}
peel/dice the sweet potato 
dice the shallot
place it all into a bowl
cut up the turkey kielbasa and set aside (I use only half and will use the second half later in the week)
warm some 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat
stir in the sweet potatoes and shallots and place the tin foil on top
keep the stove on low heat (I have it on the lowest setting)
20 mins stir the sweet potatoes
20 mins stir the sweet potatoes again and add the kielbasa
turn the heat up to medium and stir every 5-10 mins for the next 20 mins until kielbasa is cooked
remove from heat
Once finished you can sprinkle with sea salt and pepper (I prefer mine with out seasoning)
cool for 10 mins then put single servings into tupperware or immediately serve and eat. 

I prefer to cook my hash at the lowest heat setting till the very end because I want the sweet potatoes to come out soft with a nice sear to them. 


You should check out my friend Brook's blog/instagram/twitter you will love her! 
She is the sweetest friend and I know you would love her blog and instagram feed.




(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! I love sweet potatoes cooked in a salty/savory way. I actually posted a recipe last fall for baked rosemary sweet potatoes. It's really a side dish but kind of a similar concept I guess! IF you'd like to check it out =) Also, you can obviously sub the butterish stuff for olive oil! http://www.behindthecameraanddreaming.com/2012/11/goodbye-halloween-hello-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um that sounds AMAZING!!!! Thanks for sending me the link!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.