Monday, April 22, 2013

getting green


I took Judah over to Merrifield Garden Center today to pick up some vegetable plants to grow in our garden. I've been reading up on urban farming and I have been inspired to slowly transform the backyard of our townhouse into garden that we can eat off of. On our trip we picked up some tomato, dill, basil and squash plants. I am already growing carrots, beans, cucumbers, strawberries, chives and blackberries. Hopefully in just a few short months we will be eating from my garden and fingers crossed I'll  have plenty of blackberries to make some blackberry jam. 


Merrifield Garden Center is a great place to bring your kids during the day. I just put Judah in one of their wagons, picked him up a bag of their free popcorn and walked around for an hour. The property is filled with all kinds of neat things to look at. Gorgeous vegetation, flowers, trees, a mini waterfall and fish. Judah tried to feed then ride this little lamb statue. Thank goodness I stopped him because if you look closely that lambs leg is cracked. 

Google reader is going away If you haven't already sign up to follow me on Bloglovin. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I tried to grow a garden this year and failed! Oh well there is always next year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...the same thing kinda happened to my carrots ;-) ha ha ha but I have hope that they will make a come back :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.