Sunday, March 10, 2013

I hated my wedding day


I hated my wedding day. I can't even bring myself to look back and watch the video of our wedding. The whole day just makes me upset and normally looking at pictures or watching any type of videos from that day is just a reminder of events that took place before and after our wedding.  It's a bad trigger and it makes my heart hurt. In a few years Scott and I will one day renew our vows in a small ceremony to make up for all the pain from our wedding. But until that day we have decided that on each wedding anniversary we are going to do something that will make us laugh out loud. Today we had four full hours to ourselves. We went to our favorite little hole in the wall Chinese food place out in Burke. If you love Chinese food then I would suggest you check Szechuan East. The place is really clean, very romantic, inexpensive, the staff is wonderful and the food is better than any Chinese food place I've tried.  

After our lunch date of eating yummy food and sipping on the best tea ever we walked over to our favorite Starbucks next door. I felt like we were dating again. Then we drove our to Color Me Mine over in Fairfax Corners. A few weeks ago I purchased this adorable print "Nice to meet you" at an Etsy store. When I showed it to Scott we both started laughing until our stomachs hurt. The guy on the unicorn kinda looked like him and the girl on the narwhal kinda looked like me and we both decided that if we were ever to ride any type of animals off into the sunset I would ride a narwhal and he the unicorn. Please tell me everyone has these conversations with their husbands. Since the print made us laugh so hard we decided to make a narwhal and unicorn coffee mug. 


Scott's drawing of his unicorn is hysterical. He drew this stick figure unicorn and stenciled in the words "I love U nicorn" then I drew a Narwhal and said "Lets tusk". Its an inside joke. We also drew a heart so when we "cheers" our coffee cups the heart will form one heart. Oh yes we are that cheesy. 


We decided each anniversary we want to paint a funny mug with an inside joke so when we reach our 50th anniversary we will have a huge china cabinet full of quirky weird mugs that don't make sense to anyone but ourselves. 


I may have hated my wedding day. But I love my husband Scott. I am grateful for every single day that I get to grow closer to my husbands heart. No one can make me laugh as much as he does, he is an amazing provider, great father and the most handsome talented nerdy engineer musician with the sweetest heart. A bad wedding day will not ruin our marriage. We are meant to be like Narwhals and Unicorn coffee cups. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

7 comments:

  1. These are insanely adorable! Sell on Etsy please, I want one now! haha Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way about our wedding! So much heartache for the both of us. It was rushed by everyone around us because we were the sinners with a small child, living together and not married. (girl, our story was like a soap opera...the stories I could tell you!)! I can't wait till my hubz and I can renew our vows.
    btw...I always appreciate how honest you are!

    http://inbliss01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Szechuan East! That's where we order from at my parents house - they live right across the street. You make my world feel so small!

    I'm glad you guys had a really great anniversary. What a way to spend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mugs! Super cute. I have nothing but weird feelings about my wedding day--it was a blur between "is this really happening" and "whats my name??" (I was in such a shock I really couldn't function lol) I've been married 4 months, and yesterday I just found out that I am going to have a baby. Cue panic and more shock? Well, I am going to go to the doctor to make sure its a baby and not a squid, but it seems to be a baby thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SO fun. I love the print, too. It's hilarious & sweet all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are precious! I love this so much.Bummer that you didn't love your wedding day...I would bet you aren't alone in that. I bet when you guys redo it eventually it'll be that much more meaningful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and your husband have MANY years of painting ahead of you. I'm glad you're able to find something to laugh about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.