Sunday, February 10, 2013

sleepy fox hat featured in a DC magazine

A few weeks ago I received an  email by a writer for Bittersweet Zine a local DC magazine. She wanted to let me know that my sleepy fox hat was featured in the style section for February's issue. They only sell the magazine at a handful of coffee shops in DC. So we decided that we were going to have a family DC date and search for a few copies of that magazine. We drove into DC and grabbed some dairy free cupcakes from the famous vegan bakery Sticky Fingers Bakery. The owner of the bakery won the cupcake wars last year, and I can see why the cupcakes were delicious and the line was out the door! 


On the drive home we noticed a park that kinda looked like a farm. We turned in and we found ourselves at the DC Zoo! It was close to closing time but we knew that Judah would completely flip out so we parked and walked around for a good hour. 


Our day was perfect, dairy free cupcakes, actually seeing my hat in print and wearing out my sweet boy at the DC Zoo. Also the sun managed to shine down on us the entire time. Our sweet boy who has had an extra dose of energy the past few weeks fell asleep and was snoring by 8:30 tonight. 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! i really miss sticky fingers :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day, and congrats! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And I love the National Zoo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful day - congrats on being in a magazine!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.