Thursday, February 14, 2013

library book love - toddler version


For the past two weeks I've been grabbing a handful of the "Step into reading, ready to read" books for Judah at the Library. The books have short stories with short sentences to assist in teaching your child how to read. I know Judah probably wont read on his own for a few years but he seems to really enjoy these books. He loves our normal Berenstain Bear books but they are really long and wordy. With Judah's attention span he just can't sit for an entire reading, but with the step into reading books we are able to read a handful a night and he will listen to each book. 


Source: amazon.com via Jessica on Pinterest


Judah laughs out loud during the "Big Bear Small Bear" book. We like to pretend its him and Scott together going on adventures. This book teaches him the difference between big and small or to little and to much. I would suggest you try grabbing a few of these books for your toddler next time your in the library, you might be surprised to see how much they enjoy them. 

To see a full listing of great toddler books, click here. 

If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Bernstein Bears when I was younger!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. My son is a little over one and we love reading to him at night before he sleeps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.