Friday, February 1, 2013

encouraging it forward week 5


This week I mailed out two cowls. My friend Alix and her son Wolfie over at Modern Kiddo caught the flu, the one that leaves you unmovable for a few days. I've been wanting to make my sweet friend a cowl, I just didn't know what colors to use. When I met Alix last spring in San Francisco I remember thinking "this is the most vibrant and colorful woman I've ever met". Not only does she love to wear colors, but this sweet woman wears her colorful heart on her sleeve. I crochet a cowl that I "think" will look good with anything she wears. I added a cute vintage book for Wolfie and a vintage valentines day card. I hope this package encourages them both.


I wanted to keep the peach and light grey cowl above for myself. My sister Rhonda who has been the biggest supporter of my business (she is sneaky and will purchase things for her mama friends from my shop) said she wanted a cowl. I told her I wanted to give her one and she said she really liked this one. My heart tugged a little bit because I have yet to keep anything for myself from my shop and I was going to keep this one for myself.  I love my sister Rhonda, she has been the biggest encourager, my best friend and when ever I try to look for something to "gift" to her I'm always looking for something that would truly encourage her heart. This cowl would be the perfect gift to her. I always say "you know its a good gift when you want to keep it for yourself".  Honestly my heart was encouraged by sending this to Rhonda. She does so much for others and has the biggest heart. 


Who have you encouraged this week? I would love to hear your stories. Link up below. 






(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! The cowls you make are beautiful, I wish I knew how to create one! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the sweetest!
    xoxo

    madiandme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.