Thursday, January 17, 2013

losing 20 pounds


Since last summer I've lost 20 pounds! It may not seem like allot in such a long period of time, but its allot for me! After I had Judah I was pretty depressed for awhile and it was hard for me to lose the engagement/marriage/pregnancy weight. Last summer I decided that I am going to be pro-active with my health. I didn't like the way I felt, the extra pounds were causing medical problems with me and I hated that I couldn't fit into anything and I didn't want to take pictures with my son. 

So I started walking and I started running. 

Last summer I weighed 180 (sometimes 181-182, depending on the day)
I measured
belly 40"
arm 14"
but 45.5
thighs 28.5

I stood on the scale earlier this week and was shocked to see that I weight 161!
I now measure
belly 36"
arm 12.5"
but 41"
thighs  23"

The past two weeks I started going to the gym at night when Scott starts to read Judah books for bedtime. At the gym I am able to unwind from the day and run with out worrying if Judah needs me at home. I feel that I am running longer, faster and feeling better after runs. Back in November my primary doctor and I were talking again for the hundredth time why in the world does my stomach/ovaries hurt after I had Judah. She suggested that I start working out my abs. I explained that I feel worse after I do an ab workout, but she made me promise to work on them for at least ten minutes a day and after two weeks I will start to feel a bit better. She was right, I just started using the roman chair again at the gym along with some other ab machines and after two weeks, I am feeling better! Im sure after awhile once I regain muscle my whole body will feel better.  

I'm not at the weight I want to be, but its nice to finally see some progress, it make me want the end goal even more. The end goal is to feel healthy, to feel better about myself, to fit into some pretty cloths and to boost my mood with running. They do say running is cheap therapy to help with those winter blues. 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

12 comments:

  1. You go hot mama! Congratulation! 20 pounds is a lot! Don't kid yourself about that! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! You look great! :) Congrats love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend
      Im feeling a bunch better, so thats what really matters right ;-) plus I want to wear some cute dresses in the spring/summer

      Delete
  3. Atta girl! So proud of you and feeling really optimistic myself to try and knock off some weight even though some days it feels like it's not working fast enough. Way to be, mama. Way to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing, YOUR IG posts of your mile a day is what encouraged and motivated me during December ;-) your looking great!!!!

      Delete
  4. WOW! That is amazing!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever told you 20lbs isn't a lot was lying! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay jess! Go you! I'm so excited for you. The best thing in the entire world is when you start noticing the results. Gets you extra motivated to keep on going. Either way you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ConGRATS!!! That is so SUPER exciting!! Nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo! You are such an inspiration! I am working on my own journey and it is really great motivation to see someone that has made so much progress, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.