Thursday, January 17, 2013

encouraging it forward week 3

Today Judah and I stopped by the Fairfax Hospital to drop off some NICU hats I made for the preemie babies. Since the hospital is on a flu lock down we couldn't go into the NICU area but had to drop the hats off at the front desk. We were prepared. 


I wish you could have been there to hear the front desk attendant scream when she opened the bag and saw the hats. She loved them so much that she got up and said that she was delivering them right now to the NICU. It really made my heart smile and I really hope these hats encourage those parents who must be so worried about their babies. I hope that this hat helps them smile when they see their sweet baby wearing it. 


I wrote a note for each hat that said 

I hope that this hat that I crochet for your baby will encourage you and make your heart smile. I designed it to keep your baby's head warm and stylish.

This was such a fun way to use my gifts to encourage another person. My plan this year is to try to make 4-5 hats a month to donate to Fairfax Hospital's NICU unit.

Who have you encouraged this week? Link up below so I can read all about it!



 Loading InLinkz ...


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

8 comments:

  1. This gave me chills and in so awesome! I can only imagine how you made these parents feel by your time and generosity! Precious precious hats too!

    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother makes lots of little socks, gloves and hats for orphans all over the world, it's truly inspiring, just like you. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years ago my little man was in the NICU and i still have the little green knit hat that someone had donated to them. It is such a sweet gesture and will be sooo appreciated by the parents of those NICU babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good momma and an inspiration to me : )

    http://almalivinglovely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't even imagine how thankful those parents must have been. Good for you!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. I was actually at that hospital for the kid the other day unfortunately but all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are wonderful!!
    madison:)
    http://foreverroomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift for these parents at a difficult time. I delivered at Inova Fairfax, and I know that if my daughter had been in the Nicu, a gesture like this would have meant the world to me. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.