Friday, January 11, 2013

encouraging it forward week 2

This week for encouraging it forward I wanted to create a care package for my friend Ivelisse. She posted a picture of her daughter Jules on instagram saying the doctors said she had the flu. I know their is nothing worse than your child feeling sick and we are right in the middle of flu season. So I crocheted a pretty child sized granny square ear-warmer, grabbed a few things I had around the house and made a Target run to the dollar section. 



I was trying to think, what would encourage a child who is sick. 
an ear-warmer to keep her head warm
pretty socks to keep her feet warm
chap-stick (in a fun flavor)
emergen-c for kids 
a pretty pink eye mask to help her rest
nail polish since all girls want to look pretty even when they are not feeling well
pretty pink purell
a cupcake notebook with a pencil to draw if she is feeling better
I also added some gypsy cold care tea for the mom

I wasn't able to mail the nail polish or purell since its on the USPS do not mail list but I mailed everything else. Last night Ivelisse sent me the sweetest tweet, Jules really loved her care package.  Since we are right in the middle of flu season its not hard to find someone who is in need of an encouraging care package. 


Who have you encouraged this week? I can't wait to read everyone's posts! 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. That is really sweet! And bound to make anyone feel better, even when they're sick:)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you! You're a great friend.

    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great care package! I met with two friends this week to catch up after the holidays. We talked about goals for 2013 and I encouraged one with some ideas for her business. It was encouraging to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. You really are so caring and selfless. I can't wait to support you and your family & buy something from your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.