Friday, December 28, 2012

yummiest dairy free sugar cookies

Sugar cookies is that one holiday treat I crave every single year. The year I had Judah I remember being in the OB's office and listening to hear tell me that I needed to go straight to the hospital, that I was in labor and all I could manage to say back to her was "but I haven't made my sugar cookies, he cant come yet". Needless to say I had Judah a few hours later and my sister Rhonda flew in from Florida and made us some sugar cookies. This year I still had the sugar cookie craving but I wanted to make them dairy free. Here is the best dairy free sugar cookie recipe ever!



ingredients

1 cup of dairy free earth balance butter (you can find it in most grocery stores)
1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract 
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cream of tartar (this does not have dairy in it)
granulated sugar


Preheat the oven to 375.
In a big bowl mix thoroughly the dairy free butter, confectioners sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Blend in the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter. Cover with a clean dish cloth and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. (Judah ended up opening up our refrigerator and taking off the dish cloth so the dough was a bit tougher, I was able to still roll it out to make cookies)



Once chilled divide the dough, roll it out on a lightly floured surface and cut out the shapes. I actually used a spatula to remove the shapes from my table to place onto the lightly greased cookie pan. Sprinkle the cookies with some granulated sugar.  

Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown. If you are using a darker pan the cookies bake faster than a lighter pan. 

Cool and decorate or just eat them plain like me.
Be prepared to make a second batch, they are that good!



(please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I love sugar cookies too! This year I didn't have a chance to bake for Christmas because I'm moving, but I'm definitely using this recipe soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cutie! Hilarious story about wanting to make cookies before his birth. Now you can make them WITH him! :)
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.