Wednesday, December 12, 2012

starwars birthday party

Last Saturday we had some family and friends over to celebrate Judah's second birthday. It was Star Wars themed. I had planned his party for months and was prepared to take a bunch of pictures. But 15 minutes before the guests arrive I decided I was going to cut out a Millennium Falcon to go around the dip dish, I was distracted and ended up slicing my finger really bad. We were going to leave to go to the ER Clinic when my sister and brother in laws Sonya and Kevin arrived with their four kids. Sonya is a nurse and while she was helping me with my finger the boys immediately started to teach Judah how to play with the cardboard light sabers I made them.


One of my sweet blogger mama friends Kendra showed up with her daughter Evelyn and her son Warner. 


My other sister in law Kristyn and husband Paul showed up with their two girls. 

I wanted to take pictures of the food but didn't get a chance to since I sliced my finger. We had cupcakes with Darth Vader and Storm Trooper rings on top, lots of candy, star wars themed sugar cookies, pretzel sticks dipped in frosting to look like "lite sabers"and I made pulled pork sandwiches "Chewy burgers" and had Princess Lay chips on the side. 




The kids loved the Darth Vader piƱata. The girls just wanted to play in the sand box, Faith tapped Darth Vader while the boys busted him open. 




Judah had so much sugar! He kept opening up lollipops, take a few licks then throw it on the ground and do it all over again with a new lollipop. 


After the party we ended the afternoon by hanging out in the park in the backyard. The kids were able to run off some of their sugar high. 



I think next year I will have Scott take the pictures or have him keep the sharp scissors away from me for any last minute party ideas I may have. 

( please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great party. Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry to hear about your finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great party! Those light sabers are really neat. My son turns 3 next month and has requested a Ninja Turtles party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your finger :(. Sounds like really fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping in from Emily's Embrace day! Looks like a super fun party (in spite of the sliced finger) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome theme! So many details.
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Judah's Jedi Master shirt. Where did you get it from?
    Seems like they had a great time. I hope your finger heals quickly :)

    http://celebritieswithmustaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had so much fun!! And those light sabers were so cool. You're so creative, Jess! We were happy to be there to celebrate your precious boy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.