Monday, December 31, 2012

forgiveness, healing, restoration, love and encouragement


Starting off 2012 I didn't know what to expect. All I knew is that I was very broken, that if you took a close look at my heart you would see many areas of my life were broken. I desperately wanted all aspects of my life to be healed. But the first priority in this process was allowing the Lord to heal my heart and my past. I was angry at him, angry at myself for my past trauma and angry at people who I thought hurt me. This process of healing didn't feel like healing at first, it felt like I was reliving things that I wanted to forget. I knew I needed to continue to work on reconciling what happened to me in my childhood and moving forward as a healthier person to my husband, my son and people around me. After I started to really deal with my trauma I started to see all kinds of areas in my life being healed. Then I started to see this girl emerge. I didn't recognize her at first. She was lovely, encouraging, fought for me and she soothed me. It was the Jessica that I was always meant to be, the one whose parents haven't hurt her.

2012 has been forgiveness
forgiving others, forgiving myself and accepting that I have been forgiven

2012 has been healing
allowing my heart to be healed 

2012 has been restoration
restoring my heart, relationships and my faith

2012 has been love
being loved, loving my husband and son and loving my family

2012 has been encouragement
giving encouragement and receiving encouragement

2012 has been a good hard year. I welcome 2013 and all the goodness it has in store for me and my family.  

forgiveness, healing, restoration, love and encouragement these are the imprints of 2012.

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

  1. Love the matching hats!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.