Friday, December 7, 2012

diy cardboard light saber


Judah is turning two on Monday! We are holding a Star Wars themed birthday party for him tomorrow and I wanted all the kids to have a homemade inexpensive light saber to hit the Darth Vader Pinata with. 

Go to the dollar store and get:

*wrapping paper (one for each light saber)*
*colored tape*
*duct tape*
*black electric tape*
*scissors* 


Take the wrapping paper off of the tubes then just tape the upper half with which ever color you want the light saber to be.  Then take the duct tape wrap a piece around the top part of the handle then place strips of it horizontally on the tube till the handle is covered. When your finished you can add the black lines on the handle with the electric tape. If you really want to get creative you can also add the buttons with construction paper and hot glue. I kept it simple since the kids are going to destroy them tomorrow when they beat up the Darth Vader Pinata. 
(I may video tape it)






(please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! The kiddos will he thrilled! Have fun celebrating you son. All the best -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It looks like a lot of work went into these cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, I love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.