Saturday, December 29, 2012

crochet snowflakes for sandy hook

People all over the world are coming together to encourage the students of Sandy Hook who were traumatized earlier this month by the tragic shooting. They are making snowflakes and mailing them out before January 12th so the students will see all the different snowflakes in the hallways and classrooms when they return from Christmas break. I crochet a handful of simple snowflakes and wanted to share the pattern. Its really easy and since each snowflake is unique and different it doesn't matter if you get the pattern perfect. Its the thought and the intentions in the heart that counts. 


I used Red Heart Super Saver white yarn and a J hook. 

Chain 5
*round 1*
dc into the first chain (ch furthest from the hook/this counts as first dc)  [dc in first ch, ch 1] *crochet whats listed in the [ ] 7x*
 sl st to 3rd ch of the first dc


*round 2*
ch 1, [(hdc, ch 4, hdc -  do this in each large hole/space made by dc) sl st in next dc] 7x
when you sl st the last dc, pull enough yarn through to create a loop to hang the snowflake

Send your snowflakes no later than January 12, 2013 to:

Connecticut PTSA, 60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103, Hamden, CT 06514

Crochet Abbreviations


Im left handed trying to explain this backwards so feel free to email me if you have any questions about the pattern!

(please double click to vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. this is just the most beautiful thing, thanks so much for sharing! I can't remember how to crochet but I'll be sewing some up on my machine tomorrow and get them in the post asap! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what the heck all that meant =( But you are so amazing and encouraging!

    I follow you on instagram and read your blog and I'm always reading about all the great stuff you and your little guy are doing and I'm like "here I am with my little crew and we're still in our jammies" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea! Good for you for getting involved.
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.