Saturday, November 17, 2012

out of the heart

My heart breaks a little during this time of the year. I always think about how the holidays can sometimes trigger different emotions in people. That some of these triggers may not always be happy thoughts but reminders of sad things that happened to them. This could affect anyone, the person surrounded by family and friends to the people who go home alone at night after work. So I thought Judah and I would send out some homemade Thanksgiving Cards to some of our family and friends just to encourage them during this busy holiday season. 


First I painted Judah's hand. The palm of his hand and thumb I painted brown, then his other fingers I painted different colors for feathers. I pressed his hand down on a blank index card to make a "hand turkey" imprint.


After I let the turkey hands dry I wrote a message of why I am thankful for each person. This took me a few days to write all the cards out but I think it will greatly encourage whomever is going to get them. I also put some cute thanksgiving themed stickers in the envelopes as well. 


Even if you don't have the time to make "turkey hands", call or write someone today (even if its an email) and let them know how thankful you are for them. You never know, your words might be just the thing to lift their spirits and touch their hearts. . 



((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. I must do this tomorrow with my son. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thoughtful and loving idea. I love his little hand-print!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.