Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Judah's weekly library book review

You know your kid loves a book when its the first thing he talks about when he wakes up in the morning. Judah is battling his first head cold of the season and slept in till 10:30 this morning. When he finally woke up he looked at me with a very serious toddler face and said "mama shhhh...an elephant". At first I thought he was calling me an elephant but I saw that he was looking at one of his library books we recently checked out. "My Cat, the silliest cat in the world". 


This book is hysterical. I just hope and pray that Judah doesn't try to poop in a box thinking it is a toilet. In the following page the elephant uses the toilet to take a shower, hopefully Judah wont try that either. 


We spent allot of time reading library books and cuddling. We made a quick stop at Wegmans to get some things for healthy fruit smoothies, honey, natural cold remedies and soup. Hopefully we will kick this cold to the curb where it belongs. 


Here are Judah's two favorite library books this week. 

"OH NO, Little Dragon"
A little dinosaur losses his flame while taking a bath and tries to get it back.
He thinks his mom is upset with him but she is not.
Judah loves to say "Oh no!" along with the story line.




Source: amazon.com via Jessica on Pinterest















                                                                             Source: amazon.com via Jessica on Pinterest



"MY CAT, THE SILLIEST CAT IN THE WORLD"
A funny book about an elephant who thinks he is a cat.
I love the illustrations in this book and Judah laughs at the funny
things the elephant does.

We are attempting to read 11 books a week with Judah. 

 ((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. You are giving your son a beautiful gift, the gift of reading is the best gift a parent can give their child. It is a great foundation for all the learning that will be happening in the future. You are a great mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise :-) we love reading to him. When I was a kid my parents used to ground me from the library bc I loved it so much. I hope Judah is the same :-)

      Delete
  2. ok, which branch do you go to? I feel like our selection at the Oakton branch is crap. Or maybe I am the worst library book hunter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to the Burke and the Fairfax library :-) We should go together sometime, I would love to see the options the Oakton branch has. Fairfax and Burke are pretty nice, I normally look at the newer (just released books) then the holiday books (they have an area and they mark the back of the book for Thanksgiving, Christmas ect) and then I check out the books on top of the shelves. Also since you have a girl they have a wonderful fairytale section :-) I've picked up a handful for Judah but he prefers dinosaurs, trucks, dogs and elephants ;-) Also I have to make sure Judah sits in his truck or stroller (I give him a few books to look at) because I have to flip through each book I pick up to make sure its not a novel. Like he wont sit down for the Polar Bear express, maybe when he is 5. But he will sit down for that silly elephant book bc its not to wordy :-)

      Delete
  3. You are doing a great job as a mother to Judah. Cultivating the habit of reading from such a tender age is a great practice because this will help him in the future. And don't worry the cold will be over soon. Get well soon Judah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.