Thursday, November 8, 2012

how to crochet a pretty rose


I wanted to show you how to crochet a pretty rose. Its super easy and any beginner crocheter can do it. 

All you need is some medium worsted yarn, I use red heart, embroidery needle and a K crochet hook. You can use a smaller hook to make smaller roses but I wouldn't try to go any larger because the roses might turn out lopsided. 


{chain 55}
{Row1} 1 dc in 5th chain from hook, *Ch 1, sk 1ch (dc,ch 1, dc) in the next st, rpt frmo *to* till end of row, ch 2 turn
{Row2} *(hdc, 4dc, hdc) 1st ch sp, sl st in next ch1 sp*, rpt *to* till end of row+
{Roll rose into shape very loosely, take a large embroidery needle and stitch it together}

I thrifted this wreath a few weeks ago for $2, hated the ribbon but loved the actual wreath. 


Cut off all the ribbon and attached the roses onto the wreath. I just attached them by tying the yarn onto the branches. You can also hot glue gun them.


I also took some yarn and made a mini hook on top so I can hang.


You can use the roses for anything, wreaths, garlands, decorations for presents or you can attach them to napkins as napkin holders for Thanksgiving. 


Sign up for my amazing Shabby Apple giveaway!!!!



((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see this. I'm expecting a girl after 3 boys so anything cute I can create I'm all for it. However all those codes, whoa over my head lol. Could you elaborate so I don't spend all night trying to figure out what they all mean? I have the chain figured out, I've done that since I was 6 but the rest I'm clueless to.

    mamanemery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this is a pretty good website to break down abbreviations

      http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/crochet.html

      if your unsure of how to do a certain stitch then search for it on youtube, many people upload pictures of them crocheting :-)

      Delete
  2. i've never crocheted anything, but this seems so simple! i may just have to give it a try, because it makes such pretty decorations :) thanks for posting this.

    how have you been, dear? i do hope you have a lovely weekend!

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.