Thursday, October 4, 2012

we might see the President tomorrow

A few weeks ago I took Judah to a Mitt Romney rally that was being held down the street. I explained  how I wanted to take Judah to see both Presidential candidates so he can see that his mom is trying to make an educated decision on who she wants to vote for. I haven't been able to go to an Obama rally just yet but found out that he was going to be at the College across the street from us tomorrow morning. So today Judah and I went to the Obama Campaign HQ in Fairfax to get tickets. 


The campaign staff was really nice and even allowed me to take a picture of Judah in their office. 

Afterwards I took Judah to the post office to mail some packages. His sleep schedule is all off so he was practically falling asleep in his car. 



We drove by some pumpkins and Judah started saying "pumpkin" in his cute little boy voice. I pulled over to let him take a look and he kept saying "pumpkin hug"as he tried to hug all the pumpkins.



We are playing tomorrow by ear. The rally starts at 8:30 and although we have a ticket I am just worried that I may not be able to take Judah's stroller to the Arts Center. Then I am worried he is going to have a diaper explosion like he did at the Romney Rally and I wont be able to bring in wipes or diapers. Also Judah typically sleeps in till 9:30. But I am going to set my alarm for 7 and try to make it out. This is a once in a life time thing and Judah already knows how to say Obama. Maybe the energy from the crowd will put him in a good mood and not encourage him to scream or at least if he does scream he can scream Obama in his cute little boy voice. 



I am on the fence on who I want to vote for. I probably will not share on this blog who I do end up voting for but I do want to show my son and set an example of how he is supposed to listen to each candidate and make his own decision when he turns 18. 


(we are currently in the top 10 baby blogs!!! Please click the button below and click on the owl on the left to keep us in the top 10)

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

8 comments:

  1. Before I was a stay at home mom I worked in campaign management and I have to tell you I have so much respect for the way you are teaching your son about democracy. I wish everyone was as open as you. I haven't even gone Facebook today after the debates because so many people are rudely shoving their views down your throat. I admire your respect for the system and it would work better if people saw it in a similar way to you. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mary! Your comment meant allot to me :-) I was kinda afraid to even post that I went to a Romney Rally a few weeks ago and an Obama Rally today. I was afraid of the comments I would receive from either party on facebook or IG. I did lose a few followers on IG today when I posted pictures of us in line. Its okay. I am teaching Judah to be fair to have an open mind and to seriously be able to relate to each party. Future politician maybe? ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think it's awesome that you are trying to see both sides of the fence and teach your son the same thing!! Seriously, so many people just won't even listen to a candidate they THINK they might not support. The best thing you can do is be informed! Seriously, I have so much respect for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! I dont want Judah to be the person who wont listen to both sides so hopefully by bringing him to the rallys it will teach him to think for himself :-)

      Delete
  3. I love that you are starting early teaching him to *think* about his decision! There are a billion ads for 1 candidate on Hulu, there are bashing TV show ads...I think people get swayed by ads that bash the other. Let's teach our friends, family, and kids to look at each candidate, their track record, their values, and decide for themselves! :) Good for you!

    http://www.munchtalk.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness isn't hulu the worst as far as bashing!!!! I hate the political commercials that hulu runs, I would rather watch the same Geico or Toyota commercial over and over again. Honestly I think thats what prompted me to go to the Romney Rally last month, I wanted to see if he was as evil as the commercials portrayed him to be and I wanted to go the Obama one as well. Judah loved it and it was so neat today seeing the occasional parent bring their kid to the rally :-)

      Delete
  4. So cool that you're sharing this whole process with him and setting him up to be able to educate himself and make his own decision :) You're fabulous lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks friend! Its so neat being able to be so close to DC and being able to bring him to the rallies who knows I may have a future politician on my hands, he already knows how to charm the public and loves to wear the bow ties ;-)
      xo

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.