Friday, October 12, 2012

Northern Virginia Apple Orchard

I love that we live in Northern Virginia and that we are 20 minutes away from DC and 20 minutes away from some of the prettiest country farms. Today I called three different local orchards to see if they had any more apples on their trees to pick. The only one that did was Stribling Orchard in Markham, VA. This is a family run orchard and being that our big dream is to one day own one ourselves we immediately fell in love with it. 


Judah loved walking in between the apple trees. I had to stop him from eating the apples on the ground and he thought it was funny to throw some apples at me. 


Since the orchard is at the end of apple picking season we managed to grab a few good apples, allot of the trees are stripped bare and some have rotting apples on them. If you do go to this orchard make sure you go to the trees in the back, they have better fruit on them.


We had the place all to ourselves. 


I'm so happy Scott took the day off to join us. 


Judah kept making these funny faces because his 2 year molars are coming in. He barely drinks or eats with out screaming in pain, although he is much better than he was yesterday and managed to eat an entire apple. 


They have huge bins of apples up front and a cute store full of items they made at the orchard. We grabbed some apples to make apple pie tomorrow and Scott bought some apple butter and the best tasting honey. 


They also have donkeys, cows, horses, pigs and goats at the farm. Its a great picturesque place to bring your kids. Judah kept chattering away about the donkeys and apples on the way home.


 We definitely want to come back to this cute little orchard, they sell trees and wreaths in the winter so we may just drive up to grab a handful of wreaths and restock up on their honey. 

((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

8 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous post, you guys are so cute, I wish we had some apple picking around here, maybe I need to do a little research! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu! :-)
      I just googled and found this orchard :-) I bet you have one near you

      Delete
  2. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We usually take our kids out apple picking. We weren't able to pick apples this year, we've had a bad drought all summer so there weren't enough apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amanda I tried cutting up some of the apples today to make an apple pie and more than half of our batch was rotten on the inside! We had really bad heat this summer so I am wondering if the apples got bad faster than normal :-(

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, this looks like heaven! One of my regrets this season is that I was too busy to go pick apples. I'm glad you got to swing in before they were all gone, though!

    I need to say thank you! The ewok costume couldn't have been timed better! I wanted to go as a starwars character - but didn't have the time to sit and think about what costume I could make quickly. At 4' 10'', I think I'll be the perfect height. Haha. :)

    Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness we almost missed it! Also most of the apples we did pick ended up being rotten :-( we have to go earlier next year.

      Let me know if you end up making the ewok costume! :-)

      Delete
  4. So Fall-ish, I love it! I miss this part of fall...we don't really have apple picking in the same way in New Mexico :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But your in IRELAND!!! :-)
      Yes thats my response to all your messages, because A its amazing and B your with Rob!!!!
      I think I am just super excited for you friend
      xo

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.