Tuesday, October 23, 2012

just want to cry

Today is one of those days that you just feel like you want to cry, or take a hot bath or both. This morning Scott accidentally left the front door unlocked while Judah and I were sleeping. It wasn't a super big deal and didn't think twice about it. Judah and I ate breakfast and got ready to go running around Burke Lake Park. I triple checked the door to make sure it was locked when I left the house.

While running around the park one of the tires on my Bob fell off! Judah took one off a few days ago so I know he must have loosened up the tire that fell off today. I managed to hold up the Bob and put the tire back on.  My heart just wanted to run down my favorite path at the lake. 


Judah was not happy to take pictures. 


As I was running I noticed the lake was starting to dry up.


When I ran around the corner my heart fell because a sign blocked off the trail to my favorite path that always lifts up my heart. So I turned around and ran a few miles the opposite way. 



We ran for 4 miles, played at the park and decided to stop by Starbucks for a treat. Judah screamed at me at Starbucks. He didn't want to let go of the cake pop he was holding but and refused to hold onto the milk and wanted me to feed him. I was almost in tears but knew that he was tired and that I can put him down for a nap when we finally get home. 


When we arrived home I was trying to carry Judah and a few bags of groceries from Giant. The bags all broke in the front lawn and I had to put Judah down who ran towards the door. I looked up and it looked like someone had broken into my house. So I quickly picked up Judah, stuffed the groceries into my purse and called the police. I called the police who came out and I explained to them that the top security latch was pushed out like someone had propped open the door and the metal plate to our dead bolt was missing. Scott came home to also make sure we were okay. Nothing was missing. The police suggested that Judah might have pulled the security lock out when we left. But I wasn't holding Judah while we walked out and since Scott left the door unlocked this morning I triple checked to make sure it was locked when I left. At that point I was feeling slightly crazy but mostly discouraged. I know Judah didn't pull that latch out. 


Right now I am feeling a bit tattered and worn from the day. 
But I am praying tomorrow is better and hoping I can sleep tonight



((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

25 comments:

  1. Oh honey, the most important thing is that everyone is ok!
    I had a scare earlier in August, people stole my work laptop (that was broken) and some work materials from my trunk!
    Thankfully, the work/test materials were found on my neighbor's truck. But I guess...luck would have it that the laptop they stole, was completely dead.
    It just feels like a total violation of your privacy and personal space.

    Hope the rest of the week is a little better. At least your walk with Judah was a fun one!

    xoxo
    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is scary! So did your neighbor steal the laptop?
      Agreed I felt like someone was just violating my privacy. But this week has gotten better :-) grateful it wasn't anything to to serious

      Delete
  2. Aw sweetie, what a rough day. I'm so sorry. I can only say that I hope tomorrow is better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that feeling of almost losing it, being so close to tears that you know anything could set you off...I hate that feeling! Sorry your day was so rough! Here's to a better end to the week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those days, Jess. When all you want is some joy and all you get is frustration. You forget something in the house, you are almost out of gas, your kid poops and you forgot wipes, and your debit card doesn't work at the store. Tomorrow will be infinitely better. Love you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day, I'm sorry Jess. That would be scary and super frustrating. I hope that Wednesday is a more peaceful day, and that the Lord would comfort you in the not-so peaceful moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry lady! praying for a better day for you and little man tomorrow :)

    this reminds me of a similar day we had a while back that ended in stella throwing her poop at her sisters in the back seat of the car. it was one of those moments god plans out for you, so you can have a good laugh at yourself and put life back into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, can I tell you the poop throwing story made me laugh out loud.
      Love you sweet friend
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. That is a rough day! I hope tomorrow is a much better one. On a side note - that is a gorgeous lake! Looks like a great spot to go for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lake is gorgeous!!! Its one of the places that just puts my soul at peace :-)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a hot bath and a movie kind of night! :( take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wasn't able to take one that night but hopefully I can tonight especially since Scott is driving back home now :-)

      Delete
  9. All those things can sure add up to a stressful day. I hope today is better and full of joy for you and your little man. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. Judah does make the days more joyful :-)

      Delete
  10. so scary friend! hope today is a better one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week is getting better...especially since Scott is on his way home now :-)

      Delete
  11. awe. xo.
    im glad you're still loving running. :) hope you're feeling better! my friend jess loves burke lake. maybe i'll join you one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I wish I was better at it like you are. Something comes up just about every day and I have to skip it. I need to be consistent :-)

      Delete
  12. oh wow! that definitely sounded like one of those days!!! I'm glad it's a new day by now =) I found you from your post on my friend Julie's blog, love it/your blog! your posts remind me how much I miss writing more on our blog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, that definitely sounds like one of "those" days...! I'm glad it's a new day by now =) I found you via your post on my friend Julie's blog, so glad! your posts remind me of how much I miss writing more on our blog... been going through some transitions for a while. I'm subscribing =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.