Thursday, October 18, 2012

being beloved


Last month I wrote this post about coming through brokenness when you have been hurt by the church and other believers. Since I wrote it its been on my heart to share how to be encouraged when your doubting your walk. I keep thinking of what I want Judah to know with out a doubt.

I want him to know that he is beloved. 
That I am always thinking of him. 
I want him to know that I love him more than life its self. 

Isaiah 49:16
Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before me.

Just imagine you had this beautiful tattoo inscribed in the palms of your hands. You see it continually, you think about it even when you don't notice your thinking about it. You know that tattoo is on your hands. What if you woke up the next day and it just disappeared. You would wonder what in the world happened to that tattoo, you would search for answers as to why its missing from your hands. 

That's what I have to remember when I am feeling discouraged and want to just walk away from the Lord. He knows the discouragement in my heart. He knows when I am gone and He will seek me out if I walk away. 

being beloved

The Lord has allowed certain trials and obstacles to come into my life. Some of them even heartbreaking. Losing a close friendship, being ignored by people you love, feeling abandoned or with not knowing what to do as a mother. In each heartbreaking or hard moment if I am able to grasp onto the knowledge that I am His beloved. That He is always thinking of me and that He loves me more than life its-self then I am able to still follow Him when I have been hurt by the church or other believers.  Then I am able to be encouraged when I am wanting to doubt my walk.


((please help us stay in the top 10 baby blogs. Click on the button to vote and click on the owl to the left hand side, you can vote once a day for us.))

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder that we are loved always. Thank you for the encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pure and beautiful thoughts! I love that verse in Isaiah! Oh...and that hat...perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower! This has really encouraged me to move on from the hurt I experience at the church of my youth. Took me years to process why believers were so cruel to eachother. Now I realize this is just part of being human: despite Jesus showing us the way, it is up to US to follow him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this post is sooo cute :)
    I love your blog!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess,
    I would like to send you a private email, but I didn't see a contact button, is there a way to contact you directly?

    -Colleen
    www.colleensamantha.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI! I just read part of your story over on Awkward to Art. We have rather similar backgrounds. Especially when it comes to feeling abandoned by "The Church". While the traumatic events in our lives are different, I understand that feeling of abandonment and anger at God. This song got me through those days and helps when those feelings try to pop back up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_Xb5KHDeQ Now I am in a wonderful church that is warm and welcoming, and God has turned my trials into a wonderful testimony for him! What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.