Monday, October 8, 2012

acorn squash soup with crusty french bread



The temperatures have dropped to the 40s and I wanted to make my family a pot of tasty acorn squash soup. Since I didn't have a recipe this is what I came up with and it tastes pretty good.

Ingredients
2 Acorn Squash
4 Medium Carrots
1/2 yellow onion
Vegetable stock (I use the organic wegmans brand)
One Garlic clove
Fresh Rosemary
salt and pepper to taste



Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the halves upside down on a foiled baking pan. Peel the carrots and don't mince the 1/2 yellow onion. Place the veggies on the pan and bake for 45 mins until the squash is soft. 

Remove the skin from the squash and put into a food processor with the carrots and onion. Puree until their are no more lumps. 

In a deep saucepan heat up 1/4 cup of vegetable stock. Mince up the garlic clove and let it simmer in the vegetable stock. Add a pinch of fresh rosemary and some salt/pepper to taste. After a few minutes add the squash puree into the pan with 2-3 more cups (depending on how thick you want the soup) of vegetable stock. Serve warm. 

I've been craving some homemade french bread and found the perfect recipe here


After a morning of going to whole foods to pick up the ingredients, then stopping by Barnes & Nobles to play with the trains and pick up our Babiekins magazine I am ready to relax with my family this and enjoy this delicious acorn squash soup. 





(we are currently in the top 10 baby blogs!!! Please click the button below and click on the owl on the left to keep us in the top 10)

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

14 comments:

  1. Making your own recipe for soup? You're amazing! And that soup sounds FANTASTIC. Such a perfect fall meal!
    Oh, and yes, that screaming in public sounds JUST like Cruz. I think maybe he just wants people to feel sorry for him, haha. "My mama won't let me have all the candy!" or whatever goes through his brain. I'm not too sure most days! Good to know that i'm not alone, though! Let's hope our toddlers stop the screaming and soon! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I almost cried at whole foods today. The cashier was new and kept ringing up things wrong and would call for help to fix it and rering it up wrong, during this process Judah was getting super frustrated and started throwing things! First his hat, then his elmo phone and then he started to grab for things inside my purse to throw. I had to meet him at face level and ask "Judah do you want to leave right now and go home" he said his sassy noooo.

      Then when we were at Barnes and Nobles the trains were broken but Judah wanted to "walka walk" around the kids sitting around for story time but last time he did that he got sick because a parent allowed their sick kid to attend story time so I said no you can sit in your car. Hey its a nice kiddo car. He threw the biggest fit and I leaned down to eye level and said "do you want to go" and he said noooo but kept screaming so I picked up our stuff and left. He was fine the second we were outside. I think he is testing my boundaries and trying to see if I give in and give him what he wants or if I really walk out of the store because he is throwing a tantrum.

      Delete
  2. This soup looks TOO good! Must try it <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it :-) its perfect for fall or winter weather :-)

      Delete
  3. What a cutie your little guy is in his hat. And the soup looks delicious. Squash is yummy, and acorn squash is one of the easier ones to cut. Butternut kind of drives me nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness butternut squash drives me nuts as well! When I was pregnant I used to CRAVE it. But I would get so frustrated because I couldn't cut it up. My husband knew I cooked it when he would come home and see the seeds all over the kitchen floor from me throwing the butternut squash onto the floor to crack it open :-)

      Delete
  4. I love Wegmans! And fall-y soups. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup sounds so yummy! I love adding toasted pumpkin seeds to creamy squash soups (I need the texture difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMM looks so good. I wish I had any motivation to cook like that. you go, hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha thanks! It comes and goes, since I cooked earlier this week I am to lazy to cook today ;-)

      Delete
  7. Mmmmm! This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sound delicious:) how do you feed a 14 month old soup?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.