Sunday, September 23, 2012

using your gifts for encouragement

Everyone has a gift, something that they know how to do really well that can have a great impact on someone else. For example the gift of writing a letter. You don't have to be the worlds greatest letter writer to brighten someones day, all you need is a card for a quick note and something small to stick into the card. Most cards already have the words written out on them, all you need to do is sign it and say "Im thinking about you".  I have a small shoe box that I use to collect tiny objects that I can stick into letters for encouragement, tiny crochet items, colorful socks, tea bags, Starbucks pumpkin spice via's, stickers, Pez dispensers or cute things I've thrifted that I know will bring a smile to someones face. 

Tomorrow I'm mailing out letters full of organic tea, crochet daisy bracelets, baby belly lotion (for my pregnant mama friend), baby boy cloths and thrifted books. 


Even if you forget to mail a card you can always drop it off on your friend or family members porch. 


Fall always reminds me to be thankful. Thanksgiving is not for another two months but I want to daily be thankful for those who have been placed in my life. Also my heart is tugged to encourage those whose hearts may need a smile. I try to be extra attentive and watch out for those who may need an encouraging letter, gift or text. If your anything like me then you would love to get snail mail. Nothing compares to opening your mail box to see that someone has taken the time to write you a short note or long letter. Its extra special if the package is brightly covered in drawings or stickers. 

This fall I want my encouragement box to be completely emptied into the lives of those I love and maybe a few strangers who might need a smile so I can fill it back up again. 

Maybe someone has been placed on your heart to encourage. I would like to encourage you to write that letter or note to them this week. You never know, they may need it. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I've been planning to make a small card and send it to one of my friends for quite some time but never made the time to actually sit down and do it. After reading your post, I know I'm gonna do it today!! Thanks for the "push"!! :))

    Come over at nami scribbles and say Hello! :) www.namiscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be one of the sweetest, most heart-warming blog posts I've read in a while. Snail mail impacts people more than they realize, I think, especially if there's a little something extra in the letter or card. Great idea to tuck in things like tea and Starbucks Via's!

    If you love to write letters, you'd probably enjoy the book For the Love of Letters by Samara O'Shea. It looks at different types of letters, the importance of letter writing, and even some tips on how to make your letters more "you."

    Glad to be your newest follower! Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime and let me know what you think of it. I'm actually offering all my ad spaces for free if you'd like to snag a spot. Just visit the sponsor page. :)

    Blessings,
    Claudia
    www.LashesAndBeard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.