Thursday, September 13, 2012

on the fence

When it comes to the presidential elections I am on the fence. I am not 100% sure who I am going to vote for and you know that is okay. Its okay because we live in a country where I am allowed to make my own decision on whom I want to vote for and I want to teach Judah that he has to do his own research and make up his own mind on whom he wants to vote for. So when Scott told me that Mitt Romney was going to speak at Van Dyke Park today I decided I am going to take Judah since its down the street from us. I want Judah to experience a campaign rally and to hear what Mitt Romney has to say, just like he will hear what President Barack Obama has to say when he has his campaign speech in the area. I want Judah to witness his mommy taking in what both sides have to say before I make my decision on whom to vote for. 

We waited in line for a good 30 minutes. Listened to what the voters had to say around us. I am taking it all in, trying to see if I want to align myself up with these voters. Are they rude, are they polite, how are they acting towards each other and what are they saying about the opposing party. Also are they being rude to a mom with a stroller.

The crowd was a good mix, I had some people that were absolutely rude and I wanted to turn to them and say "your the reason why I won't vote for Mitt Romney" but then I met some of the nicest people people that made me happy to want to align myself up with them. I'm tell you, I am truly on the fence so I take in every factor of the election including the voters. 


Finally after being screened we were let into the park. They had a good crowd. This was as close as we could get to the stage since I had a toddler with me.


We saw Mitt take the stage, the crowd cheered and chanted "USA". One guy from the crowd was obnoxiously booing and screaming bad things at him. I didn't want Judah to close to the crowd because I was unsure of what this guy was going to do so I let him run around the park with the other kids. I could still keep an eye out on Judah while he played and was able to listened to Mitt's speech. We had to leave early because Judah decided to take a huge dump and in the excitement of going to my first campaign rally I forgot his diapers. 


But I heard what Mitt Romney had to say and I'll still follow the news and both campaigns to see who I want to vote for. I haven't made a decision and probably won't till closer to the elections. But I did manage to get two buttons for my sister and brother in law who are big Romney supporters. The Reagan button is for my sister Rhonda.


Afterwards I took my very sleepy son on a Starbucks date. I also forgot to eat breakfast and only made some for Judah before we left the house. 


I probably won't blog about who I do end up voting for because so many people have heated opinions on both sides. I am excited that we went on our first campaign rally and am excited to find a rally for  President Barack Obama to take Judah to as well. 

I think my final note in this post is.... be polite about who you support, you never know who is watching and who will change their vote because of the way you behave. I hate bullies and don't want to feel like I was bullied into a decision or want my son to feel like he was bullied.

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

11 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome you are taking Judah to see both Romney and Obama! I agree that some voters can turn others away just by trying to convince you to vote "their way."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally do and they do mud slinging which I don't like. I just want to know the facts and to make sure Judah is in an environment that harbors him making a decision on his own ya know :-)

      plus we live so close to DC how can I not take him to rallies ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate your politeness and honesty - not enough of that going on nowadays in politics! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I try not to get heated over it. I've learned my lesson in the past ;-)

      Delete
  3. This is interesting to me since I'm very far to one side (doesn't matter which) :) Do you find yourself siding with one candidate on some issues and the other on other issues? Because their opinions couldn't be more different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do! I side with issues on both sides and both sides make me upset on other issues. I was just thinking today while I was driving away that I wish I could pick the issues I love and just have a candidate with those issues but thats not realistic ;-)

      Delete
  4. Its just so great to hear how much you're considering your vote. It seems an obvious thing to do yet so many people dont. I wish we had rallies in the uk, i have to base my votes on tv coverage! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you would be surprised at how many people vote based on what their friends or family think is the right vote and not do the research themselves. I would ask people "tell my would you picked this candidate" and I would get allot of people who would tell me well my family has always been this or that and this is how we always voted or my friends vote this way so this is how I vote. I want to make an educated opinion on it. Its to easy to listen to the mud slinging on either side and let it sway how you feel for a candidate. I dont want to be swayed by the mud slinging.

      I am so surprised you don't have rallies in the UK

      Delete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! My hubby is a youth pastor and worship leader, so I totally know how ya feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a Obama Rally Friday @ 9:30 in Woodbridge. It's at the Potomac Nationals staduim. If you want to go let me know and I'll get you VIP tickets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be AMAZING!!!! email me! jessica.a.west@gmail.com can I bring Judah?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.