Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ma petite moustache

Today was a good day. One of those days where your bones are tired from the days goodness. 

Judah and I woke up early to go to our first bible study together.
He cried when I dropped him off at childcare. He never cries, but today he looked at me with these huge crocodile tears in his eyes and kept saying "ah mama, ah mama". My heart was torn and I almost didn't want to drop him off. But I remembered the five years of working in the women's ministry and being downstairs when the moms would drop off their little ones in childcare. I was the one assuring the moms that their precious babies will be fine once they are dropped them off. That they will have so much fun and that they will forget their tears. So I took my own advice and headed to my study. 


Judah did forget his tears, and for two wonderful hours I was able to talk to women. 
Most of these women knew Scott and his family. I was introduced as "This is Scott Judkins wife Jess" or "This is Carol Judkins daughter in law". It felt good to be a Judkins. My heart sang because I belonged. When I picked up Judah he was playing "trucks" with another boy his age in his classroom. He saw me and ran over singing "ah mama, ah mama".


Ma petite moustache, we are together embarking on a wonderful Wednesday adventure. You will learn all about sharing trucks with friends and I will learn all about making friends and enjoy being a Judkins.


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

7 comments:

  1. my daughter went through this really long phase of crying hysterically as soon as we got to her childminders house (actually as soon as we turned the street and saw her front door it started) it was so hard. Luckily she has grown out of it now and cannot wait to get through her door in the mornings. It will pass :-)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judah is already starting to recognize places when we drive up to them :-) I hope it does pass soon, mainly for my heart because it breaks to see him cry and call out to me

      Delete
  2. Jess, I am so excited for you and this new chapter in your life! A bible study group can be SUCH a blessing to have and rely on. Also that middle picture.. the light, the stripes, the mustache. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia! I am over the moon about this new chapter in life. I can't wait to get into the routine of going to the study weekly :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh my stars, your blog is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet :) I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had fun! My boys all cry when we drop them off. We JUST started attending a new smaller church that is closer to our new house because the other one wasn't going to make sense if we wanted to REALLY be involved. Anyway we LOVED it and I'm going to be doing Wednesday bible study with the woman's group too. I HATE dropping the kids off b/c they cry BUT that fellowship time is EXACTLY what I need to be a better mama every week!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.