Saturday, September 29, 2012

all natural sore throat remedy


I've been battling a head and chest cold for the past month. My first cold turned into bronchitis, now that I am feeling a bit better I still have this nagging cough and sore throat. So I decided to make a batch of this all natural sore throat remedy. Its really easy to make and refrigerates really well. 

All you need is:
Raw Honey 
Lemons
Ginger 
A Mason Jar

Since I was desperate for relief last night I used some honey I had from Trader Joes but now have some raw honey to make a few more batches of this mixture. I cut up the lemons and filled up the jar, then shredded in some ginger (I put in allot since I like it spicy) then I poured honey on top of the lemons and ginger in the Mason Jar. You can keep this mixture in your refrigerator for up to three months. 



I tried some last night with some of my favorite tea. I immediatly started to feel better. 


Since my mother in law was also not feeling well I made her a batch and crocheted a cute top for her mason jar. These would make great gifts especially since we are entering the cold and flu season. 


I found the recipe ideas here and on here



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy. The idea is amazing, I'll prepare some to have just in case...:)
    Hope you feel better soon!!

    Vio @ www.namiscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) its really good and honest to goodness works :-) I finally feel better

      Delete
  2. i could have used this this week. i could barely swallow, laughing hurt like heck, i couldn't speak loudly.. it was bad. But it was only on one side of my throat and i felt a weird swollen gland or something, so i didnt think it was just a traditional sore throat. i guess either way this would have helped. im just not very DIY-ishy... =( i suffered through it, but feel much better today =) hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is the easiest thing to make! Make some so when you do have a sore throat you can use it immediately because by the time you have one again you'll be to sick to want to go out to get the ingredients and it honest to goodness works. Once I drank two cups of the tea with the honey/lemon/ginger stuff in it my throat feels good as new

      Delete
  3. What a great idea!!! You are so sweet to do that for your MIL. you are a great daughter in law! <3
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thanks Denise! I do feel better :-)

      Delete
  4. So lovely, I'm a big fan of natural remedies and love this one, hope it helps you sweetie. how did you learn the jam jar crochet? I know a lot of ladies that would love one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just crochet a circle and then crochet a heart and sewed them together and glued the circle on top of the jar :-)

      Delete
  5. This is a great post! Considering I've had a soar itchy throat all day, I could feel a cold coming along. I am going to try this and see what gives! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.