Friday, August 24, 2012

mornings with a toddler boy

Every morning
Me: Judah what do you want to do today?
Judah: BIG TRUCKS!!!
Me: What would you like for breakfast
Judah: Trucks!
Me: Judah look daddy is home!
Judah: Trucks!!

To say Judah loves trucks is an understatement. When ever I need a mini mommy break Scott takes Judah over to the local dump. They have an area where you can park you car and watch the "big trucks" move the trash. Since Judah has been asking me about trucks every morning for two weeks I figured why not take him over to the dump.

I sat him down on this huge dead flower pot and spent 45 minutes watching the trucks. They had dump trucks, bulldozers, big rigs, just about every truck you could think of. 


Judah was completely in awe of the trucks passing by. 


Afterwards I took him to a local elementary school that has a big playground and their own little garden. 


The elementary school is built underground while the garden and playground is on top. I kinda hope Judah attends this school one day. 


Judah loved the compost tank. After reading this one local blog last night I feel my heart really wanting us to one day buy land on a orchard and build a house. 


Judah tending to the garden.


Being a boy and trying to climb into the garden boxes. 


After several hours of watching trucks at the dump, going to barnes and nobles for a free color time and  running around a playground with a garden my sweet boy was exhausted. 


All the activities we did today were completely free, we even packed a lunch full of yummy snacks. 


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

12 comments:

  1. You are the SWEETEST MAMA EVER!!!!!
    Seriously!
    I love him sitting in the extra large planter :)
    lots of love to you,
    happy friday!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son Liam would love doing that exact same thing. He loves his trucks and has to take out almost every truck book there is in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally intrigued by the school underground. Is there a specific reason they built it that way? As a kid I would think that would be a lot of fun to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun idea, and so funny that he loves the dump so much! It's like free entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww he is gorgeous and I love his name, so cute! Looks like he had a great time! It's amazing what free things you can find to do. XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pics are adorable! Super cute blog! New follower and looking forward to reading more!
    Misty @http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww he's so cute! :) I love the second shot of him playing with his truck while the big one is in front of him! sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually didn't realized that I wasn't supposed to take pictures at the dump bc its government property so these are the only two I was able to get :-)

      Delete
  8. You must live REALLY close to me, because that school is down the street from where I live ;) I have 3 boys ages 5, 2, and 8 months. You must tell me where this place is where you can watch the trucks!!! I love the Dinosaur hat on your Etsy shop. I found it from the Super NOVA Mommy Facebook giveaway post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Fairfax :-) near George Mason. This place is near Fairoaks mall, I think the road is 50 or Ox, I can double check for you, but is right next to the animal shelter by fair oaks mall. if you are leaving the mall area and driving towards costco, you will drive past the animal shelter and to you right you will see signs for the dump. I believe its the 2nd traffic sign after the shelter. Its free fun :-)

      Delete
    2. I know the exact area where you are talking about. I knew there was a dump of some sort over there because my husband disposed of some old home goods over there once. I'll have to tell him about this.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.