Friday, August 31, 2012

just say no

Sometimes you just have to say no, to people who are trying to give you child gifts. Almost everywhere we go random strangers try to give Judah gifts. If my "mommy red flag" is alerted I politely decline. Allot of times its just a little toy, the employees in the Sushi bar at Wegmans love to give him rice,  the police officer will give him a sticker and our friends at the post office always give him a sticker . Its random little gestures that are typically harmless. This week our family has been hit with a pretty bad cold/virus. Judah has an ear infection and I think I may have one before the weekend is out (every time I blow my nose my ear gurgles). When I took Judah into the Dr's yesterday she asked me what I was doing last Thursday or Friday of last week. Those two days would have been the days he got sick. We were not around any other kids, I took him to an empty park, the dump and our morning runs around George Mason. Judah wasn't in contact with anyone but Scott and myself. Then today when I stopped by the post office I remembered. Last Friday our favorite employee gave Judah this toy dog that was sitting at his window for months and this employee was sick. I'm kicking myself in the but because I should have known to wipe this toy down with one of my Clorox wipes in my car, but didn't think twice to do so since we didn't buy the toy at a thrift store it was a gift from our friend. I have to learn how to politely decline these sweet kind gifts people are giving Judah. Plus I don't want Judah to expect to "get something" every time someone is nice to him. 


The past few days we have been laying low. Reading lots of books. 


Letting Judah sleep as much as possible. 


Scott and I are drinking lots of Gypsy Cold Care (if anyone knows of a good natural remedy for an adult ear ache let me know!)


We are being careful about which tissues to blow our nose on. Since Judah now knows how to blow his own nose he likes to pull all the tissues out of the box, blow his nose on them and then put them back in the box. 


We have had a few Dr's appointments this week. Judah was confirmed for having an ear infection. I also saw the OB who delivered Judah. We laughed, cried, hugged and she told me that I need to get pregnant as soon as possible because my body's hormones may not allow me to have another child soon (talk about making me really cry at my appt)  


More book reading.


Judah will have spurts of energy but then will get cranky because he is so sick. 


Quick after Dr's appt. Starbucks stop for some drinks. 


The Dr's said Judah's ear is looking better. I'm more concerned about mine at this point since it sounds funny yet I don't want to pay the $80 co-pay to have Kaiser tell me that it may be nothing. At least its a four day weekend for my husband.

I know this post sounds all out of whack and I apologize for that. I hate head colds.  



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

9 comments:

  1. Aww praying for your earaches and little Judah! It really stinks to be sick :( I know my mom used to put a bit of garlic in my ear and cover it with slightly warmed oil...sounds like a salad, I definitely SMELLED like a salad, but it definitely helped! Pinterest also had this neat idea of using coconut oil warmed, or a rice pack - hope that helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers! I soooo wanted to try the garlic thing...but I was chicken ;-) So I put peroxide in my ear for 20 mins let it fizz and then drained it. Worked perfectly! :-)

      Delete
  2. So sorry your family has been sick! That's the pits. Whenever I get a really bad cold, fluid backs up in my ear & makes it feel like I have an ear infection. Whenever I have ear pain, I wrap a heating pad in a towel & lay my ear on it. It helps me every time. They also make ear drops that you can buy at your local pharmacy that are supposed to help. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sarah! I actually did use a warm towel and that helped allot! Also put some peroxide into my ears as well :-)

      Delete
  3. I suffered from ear infections/aches a couple years ago. I now have tubes in my ears. A warm pack, like a rice filled sock or heating pad, feels so good on ear pain. For me the relief came if I placed the warm pack along my jaw, below my ear, not directly on my ear.
    Hope this helps and that your family starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally!!! Used a warm towel and it helped allot!!!

      Delete
  4. I've heard the garlic and olive oil as well. They make homeopathic garlic oil drops too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I sooo wanted to try the garlic and the olive oil but I am too chicken ;-)

      Delete
  5. Aw man, I hope he feels better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.