Tuesday, August 21, 2012

driving myself mad

This past week I've been painting the main level of our home. I've been driving myself mad thinking of different color combinations for the walls. Judah and I practically made Home Depot our second home since I changed my mind a dozen times about the paint choices I've made. 


This was my original inspiration. We don't have good natural light in our entry and main hallway. I was going to paint the walls a nice grey and then use the stairway wall as a nice bright yellow accent wall and eventually hang up a huge mirror. I thought by doing this it would pull in more light into the area and make it look less cramped.




The first grey sample I brought home was called pencil and it looked black when I put it on the walls. Judah and I ran back to home depot and picked out the color below which is called sparrow grey. I also brought home several yellow samples to try out since I couldn't make up my mind one which one I liked best.


Judah helping me paint the walls with the samples. 


 I was determined to paint the hallway on my own and finished it during Judahs two hour nap. I really love how the sparrow grey opens up the space and gives it a nice clean feel. After everything is painted we are going to get some nice runner rugs and get rid of the carpet Scott had when he had the guys were living here. 


I painted the stairway wall with several different yellows. I really wanted it to work but the yellow didn't sit right with me. 


Then last night I decided to paint the walls with the same tiffany blue color I have in my main living room. Its funny how the perfect thing that will make your heart happy will normally be sitting right in front of you. I have an entire unused gallon of this paint in our basement and didn't need to make another home depot run. This morning when Judah and I walked downstairs the color made my heart instantly happy and I knew this was a good color choice for our home.


I'm going to eventually paint the railing white and I'm also on the hunt for a big vintage mirror to hang on the wall. 


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

11 comments:

  1. Love it. Gray and yellow is my current favorite color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the color combination, I just couldn't figure out how to make it work for that space. But I still have hopes for a yellow accent wall somewhere in my home ;-)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love painting my house, we moved in on a Thursday & by Sunday the kitchen & dining room were repainted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by on my blog :) I love these colors by the way. They're great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sincerely love these colors! Your blog is beautiful, by the way! I just found it through another blog! New follower here! Heyyy!

    http://beccakatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors, and that blue is wonderful! The house is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yellow and grey but I have that blue looks great.. I think some sort of blue or turquoise has made it's way into every part of my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great so far! :) So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great...I really love the colors. If you really want some yellow, use those leftover paint samples to color some frame & hang them on the wall. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I look forward to reading more of your posts...your little one is SO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.