Thursday, August 23, 2012

being comfortable

Judah and I ran four miles on the W&OD trail in Vienna today. Honestly we haven't ran the trail in awhile because when I go alone with Judah the trail kinda sketches me out. Allot of random men walk the trail and some of them just give me the heebie jeebies. I always carry mace when I run. I wanted Judah to see the train and needed a change of scenery, so instead of our normal six miles we only ran four, two out and two back in. Afterwards I let Judah run around the train till he was exhausted. 


He now smiles when I say "cheese".


This afternoon we made homemade pizza and hung around the house till Scott came home. I decided to step on the scales since I haven't weighed myself in a few days. 


I am now 167! I'm slowly getting closer to my pre-pregnancy weight.


I know its not all about the numbers, but for the first time since Judah has been born I am starting to feel good about myself. I'm actually starting to wear skirts or dresses and don't mind getting the chance to dress up on a date with my husband. Before I would just cry because nothing would fit and I felt horrible about the way I looked. Now, I'm comfortable and confident with how I look. Its okay that I don't have my pre-pregnancy body back. I'm reminded everyday that this is okay when my son laughs with delight when he grabs my skirt while I am making him lunch in the kitchen. Or how he loves to pull on my braids and smile up at my face after one of our runs. He brings joy to my weight loss journey and helps me be a confident mama.

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

6 comments:

  1. Go Jess!! That's what matters the most, being comfortable and of course that cute baby of yours! You can do it Jess! Xo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to feel comfortable with my new self after I had my kids. And you're right, it's all about how the clothes fit you. I packed away all the jeans that were just a little too tight, because all they did was make me feel bad about myself. You are doing great with all of the running you do. I wish I had that kind of motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking great, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww he's adorable, you both must get knckered out! You're looking gorgeous and don't feel bad about how you feel you look, like you said you've got an amazing baby and gaining a few pounds is nothing compared to the joy and happiness you get out of being a momma everyday! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyy congrats! :) so proud... Must be all that running ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.