Tuesday, July 10, 2012

epic meltdown




Judah has been missing Scott allot this week while he is away at work. Yesterday was an especially hard day for Judah, he kept asking for "Daddee" and would occasionally try to open the front door to see if Scott was at the steps. When Scott finally came home he had to rush back outside to move some furniture into our basement that our neighbors gave us. Judah didn't understand that Scott was going to be right back so he had an epic meltdown. I tried everything to get him to smile, I even brought a chair for us to sit by the window so we could watch Scott move the furniture into the house.  But watching him made it worse. 


So I asked Judah "pick your nose" and he smiled and stuck his finger right into his nose. 


Whenever I take out my iPhone to take a forward facing picture of Judah and I, he sticks his finger up his nose. He doesn't know how to pick it, he just knows it makes me laugh. Its a bad habit that we need to correct, but for now it stopped his epic meltdown. 


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

11 comments:

  1. It, eventually, gets easier. My son has a hard time when his dad's away at work. It's been tougher since I've gone back to work too, but it does get easier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda :-)
      I think it was super hard because Judah could see scott walking in and out of the house and I think he was just wondering why his daddy couldn't play with him :-(

      Delete
  2. Ahhww i love when they get really happy when dad comes home.

    Xxx Sharmayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is very attached to his father. He likes to throw meltdowns too when hid daddy has to put him down to do something in another room. Or when he wakes up and sees that daddy isn't home. He's gotten a little better (he's 2 1/2 now) so just hang in there and it will get easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the saddest when they wake up and look around for daddy, I told Scott the other day "Do you think Judah thinks your abandoning him". Of course that makes scott feel bad (I didn't mean to) But I was just trying to figure out Judahs mental/heart process for when his daddy leaves for work

      Delete
  4. :) Whatever works! he is sooooo darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww poor boy. So funny how kids don't understand things like "I'll be right back."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the saddest and yet sweetest thing about them

      Delete
  6. Judah is such a cutie pie! And a great entertainer :)

    Hugs to both

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.