Sunday, June 24, 2012

snippets of joy




Our weekend was wonderful. We started out by going to the local farmers market to load up on veggies, fruit and flowers! They even sold these mini cups of blueberries for the kids, Judah devoured his. 


We were so happy to finally go to our farmers market, we have been on so much travel lately that this is our first time going to the market this year. 


Afterwards we went to Merrifield Gardens because it was Paws for a Cause day. They invited everyone out who had a dog for a huge doggie party. We don't have a dog (yet) but we knew Judah would freak out by seeing so many dogs in one place. As soon as we let him out of the car he ran up to the dogs screaming and laughing. 


For two hours Judah was in dog heaven. He was able to pet and be licked by all different kinds of dogs. They had an area for pictures, BBQ, mini pools and adoptions. I held this one puppy, it was the ugliest dog I've ever seen but as soon as he licked my nose I started crying. Scott knew he had to get me out of there or we would end up dog owners. 


We couldn't leave before we explored the garden center and picked up a free bag of popcorn.



Once we arrived home I washed a bunch of the veggies and threw them in the crock pot with a pot roast for a few hours. 


Dinner was amazing. 


We stopped by a local good will that I've never been to and found a bunch of really great records. 


Ended our night with some really yummy dairy free ice-cream. If you haven't tried this ice-cream I would suggest you go out now to pick some up. It will change your life. 


We wore out our little guy. 


Also I've added a few more bows to my shop!


If you haven't heard I am accepting custom orders with out charging the custom order fee for hats or bows for the rest of the month of June. 

Children's Hats (0-teen) = $12 
Adult Hats = $15
2 bows = $5
4 bows = $10
feel free to email me if you want to request a custom item
jessica.a.west (at) gmail.com 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love taking my little ones to the farmers market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys and I went to the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago and we had such a fun time. They loved it because they cut things and keep them cold and then let the kids taste it. Fun times for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day! That last pic of Judah is just adorable! And thanks for the dairy-free ice cream tip, there's not much of it over here, maybe I can find those!

    You commented on my post last week about my grandad, just a quick note to say amazingly he became stable enough to be moved home and is doing well, so we hope we'll have a few more months with him. thank you for your kind thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun! What a great idea to sell blueberries in cups for snacks. Love the records too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.