Wednesday, June 20, 2012

routine




We are trying to get back to a routine and this is what one of our "normal" days looks like. 
This morning I took Judah to the library and let him pick out some books. I ended up finding some really cute vintage children's records and am planning on hosting a toddler dance party at our home soon. 


This is only half of the records I brought home from the library sale. 


It was really hot outside, in the 90's so instead of taking Judah on a run I filled up the water table in our backyard and let him play for awhile. He tried to eat some dirt. 


He is starting to figure out the water table. Normally he just dumps buckets of water on himself. Does anyone else have a water table? Have you noticed the toys get kind of slimy? I feel like I am constantly cleaning off Judah's toys outside. 


We went inside and Judah went down for a nap. I picked up the house, crochet and started dinner. Scott came home and we took Judah to the pool for an hour. Scott was teaching Judah how to surf and we took him to the "big pool" and let him play water basketball. Judah now says "basketball".


Then Scott let me go on a solo 3 mile run around the neighborhood. It was still 90+ degrees outside, but it felt good blasting my music and running by myself. 


Tomorrow is supposed to be another scorcher, not sure what our plans our but we are going to try to stay inside as much as possible. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a busy day! I like to keep the babies in different activities, it keeps them happy and makes the day go faster! Judah sure is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful day! juddah is so adorable in his hat and covered in dirt. running is so peaceful and good for the soul...glad you enjoyed a nice run!
    have a happy thursday <3
    xox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet idea for a toddler dance party w/those vintage records! Brings back memories of the little storybook albums from when I was a kid. There was a beep to turn the page, think Indiana Jones was my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah its going to be a hot one! We'll be at the pool tonight, that's for sure. I also have tons of HW... ack. :) I've made a little dent though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of you blog. It's so creative. I love your photos of your beautiful little boy. I enjoy taking the kids to the library as well. It's also one of my faavorite places to be at. I feel yah about the heat. I love in AZ and it's so stinkin HOT in here right now. I'm your new follower. Would you like to swap buttons? I would love it. I hope you're having a wonderful day!
    www.findyoursparkle2.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photos! Love your blog :) We both have nerdy husbands! Mine has one semester left at Arizona State University for his Mechanical Engineering degree.

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess your blog is so cute. I think I may add it to my list of daily reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, the heat.... we stayed inside all day today. We don't have a water table, but we need something! I usually drive him to his grandparents' house to play in their pool, or to the splash pad down the road. We went to the splash pad last night, and my by had a blast... but I melted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those records are a great find! So cute! Good for you for running in the heat. I'm now a happy follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a great find. I wanna come to your toddler dance party ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.