Sunday, June 17, 2012

meeting Alex from Modern Kiddo


I love having girlfriend time, talking, laughing, enjoying a beverage or a snack while hanging out. I think this is why my heart gets so happy to meet some of my blogger friends. I know them online and talk to many of them daily so when I see them in person I feel like I have a complete connection. This past week while we were in San Francisco I was able to meet up with Alex from Modern Kiddo! Let me tell you, this woman has one of the kindest hearts, the most vibrant personality and I love her gorgeous curly hair that her son inherited. I've been following Alex's blog for years, even before I was pregnant with Judah I would read her blog and dream of the day when I could decorate my child's room or dress them up in cute vintage clothing, so I was pretty excited to meet a blogger that I've been reading for awhile. One of the main reasons why I just adore Alex is because a few months ago when Scott and Judah were really sick with the Niro virus,  I felt completely alone and helpless because both of my guys were in the hospital. Alex emailed me the sweetest email.  I remember being so exhausted from lack of sleep, smelling like puke from Judah and being able to finally to see my husband in his hospital room, I sat next to him and read him her email out loud with tears in my eyes, saying  "this sweet woman barely knows me and she was willing to bring us a pan of lasagna if we lived close by" my heart was so encouraged by her email. This is why I adore Alex, I love people who reach out to you when you are going through a difficult time and scatter seeds of encouragement over your heart. Alex is like that, she scatters colorful seeds of encouragement wherever she goes. 

We met up Alex and her adorable little family on our last night in San Francisco. 




We enjoyed some Starbucks and watched our boys hang out while we talked about everything! It does my heart good to be able to relate to another mama on being moms of boys, our love for thrifting and blogging. Scott and Wolfie were playing a game of shooting the wrist band while Judah laughed because he was able to stand next to his new friend



Judah was enthralled with Wolfie. I think he loves his hair and he was really excited that a "big kid" was willing to hang out with him. 


Wolfie has the sweetest heart, you can tell he gets that from Alex. He was so kind to Judah and made him feel like they were friends. 


It makes my heart so happy when my family meets another blogger family. I can't wait to hang out again next year when we head back to San Francisco. 


11 comments:

  1. These is so nice! You really did so much out in SF - Alex seems like a really great lady too! Glad you guys had a nice visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your next!!! I was telling Scott just this past weekend how badly I want to see you and Luna love :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful joy to connect with another momma! I am so glad that your trip went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm so touched and honored by this post. Thank you for such sweet words! It was SO lovely to meet YOU sweet lady! Your family is truly lovely....Greg and I were talking about what a cutie little Judah was. Looking forward to your next trip out here!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me to!!!
      you guys have the sweetest little family
      xoxo!!!

      Delete
  4. What a little cutie you have! Thanks for stopping by my A Day in the Life. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolfie's HAIR!!! I just want to play with it XD hehe!

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love meeting other bloggers! So glad you had such a great time, those photos are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know meeting you is on one of my wish lists :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Jess! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! I'm so happy to come to your blog and get to know you!
    What a beautiful family you have!
    isn't it so neat meeting friends from blogging?! So happy you got to meet your sweet friend and connect in such a way! I flew across the country to UT in March to meet a blogging friend. It was an amazing experience and always gives me such an amazing feeling...these relationships we develop through blogging.
    Wishing you a sweet night and looking forward to following :)
    Xox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.