Monday, May 14, 2012

two weeks with Jillian

I've been working out with Jillian Michael's with her 30 day shred DVD for two weeks straight. I skipped last night because we drove up to Virginia Beach from Myrtle and I had food poisoning from breakfast at McDonald's yesterday morning. I know I should have known better than to eat at McDonalds but we were trying to get on the road as soon as possible and I thought the breakfast burritos are not that bad...I was wrong and feeling it most of the 8 hour trip down. During our vacation at Myrtle Beach I would do the video during Judah's naps so Scott could watch him. Then I would go downstairs and use the bike or elliptical for an hour to get in some extra cardio. We also walked just about everywhere.


Judah joined me at the gym on my last night. Scott actually brought him down so we could do one final walk on the beach after my workout. 


I'm feeling pretty good. I know I am getting stronger, my belly is getting flatter and my cloths are fitting me differently. I notice the change in my body when I get dressed for the day. I am confused as to why my arms are still the same. I started level 2 of the 30 day shred and they are hurting! I thought since Jillian focuses allot on the arms they would tone up first. Level two is hard, I've only done it for the past three days but I already hate Jillian and find myself semi cranky mid way in the video. 


Measurements

April 13th I measured out:
Arms: 13.5
Belly 42
But: 45
Legs: 27

May 3rd I measured out:
Arms: 13
Belly: 40
But: 44
Legs: 25.5


Today May 14th I measure out:
Arms: 13 
Belly: 38
But: 43
Legs: 25

We will be at Virginia Beach for another week before we finally go home. Since I wasn't able to do the DVD last night and I can't do the DVD until tonight when Scott comes back I took Judah on a long beach bike ride today. It was Judah's first time on a bike with me and honestly I was pretty nervous that I wouldn't be able to bike him around but after the first 5 minutes of wobbly biking we were good to go. Judah had a great time, he kept grabbing my shirt and piggy tails and would scream YAY at everyone. I want to try out the rental bikes here a few more times because I'm tempted to one when we get home.  



The great thing about staying where we are in Virginia Beach is that they serve a really healthy breakfast and they have lots of fun outdoor and indoor activities for Judah and I to try out while Scott is at work. Also I am super excited that I get to meet up with two of my favorite IG/Blogger moms!



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

16 comments:

  1. Hello, just recently found your blog. I am thinking about trying out the 30 day shred. Do you happen to know if it is as intense as the P90X type videos? I tried those out for a week but they just left me feeling like I could barely do anything else after the workout. lol. Thought I'd ask before I purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brit! Funny thing I was looking at the PX90 today :-)
      The 30 day shred is MUCH tamer than PX90, I decided to do that first (the shred) instead of the PX90 so I can see if I am consistent for 30 days and its only 20 mins long. I think the PX90 is like an hour. Let me know if you try it out :-) You can always get Jillian's DVDs at Target, they always have them on sale for like $10 :-)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Myrtle Beach!! .... your looking sooo good!! gorgeous as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myrtle Beach is amazing :-) we can't wait to go back next year

      Thank you so much :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely more and more interested in the 30 day shred. After three babies my body neeeeeeds a little tone help. Virginia beach looks awesome! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 30 day shred is a great way to tone up! Let me know if you start it :-) I would love to see your progress, hold each other accountable? :-)

      Delete
  4. You look great! Congrats on what you've achieved so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing it! :) I commend you, for real. I can't stick with almost anything! I love the thought of him grabbing your hair and screaming YAY at everyone. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I had to skip while we are here at this hotel (va beach) bc we have no room to do it and I lost the DVD in the car, but looking forward to picking it up everyday when we get back (hopefully we leave for home today). He was sooooo cute! Scott wants to go on a bike ride today just so he can see Judah grab my hair :-) We may be looking into getting a bike at home because of this ;-)

      Delete
  6. WOW! You go girl! I just started this healthy eating program (I have the worst eating habits) and it's been AMAZING! I hope you are well...praying for your journey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What program have you started? Im always looking for ideas. We recently found out that I have an ulcer so that has helped me tremendously with my eating habits. I think okay do I have the sweets that will kill my stomach or eat the banana that will sooth it....but its hard. My eating habits are really bad

      Delete
  7. WOW way to go! That is awesome. I plan on using that dvd after I have baby in July. It looks like you are seeing some good results keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Your going to love the DVD, I was able to do it about a month or two after Judah was born, level one is pretty easy and doesn't hurt to to bad and you get used to it really quick :-)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on what you've already achieved! I'm definitely pretty impressed with the program showing results so quickly! I just may try it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just started the 30 day shred. It is punishing!! You've given me the encouragement to keep at it. thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.