Thursday, May 31, 2012

losing

Today I thought I was losing. We were supposed to spend an entire morning with my friend Amanda and her two daughters at the Herndon Farmers Market. We planned on meeting at Amandas place then walking to the market, afterwards we were going to let the kiddos play while we try to have some mama time. My plan didn't work out the way I expected it. Judah didn't sleep very good last night, he kept waking up, then I thought he was finally going to sleep around 7:30 am, I texted my friend Amanda and said I don't think we could make it. Five minutes later Judah was bouncing around in the bed so I texted Amanda back and said we would be over in an hour. In that hour Judah managed to dump his entire bowl of cereal on his head and the kitchen floor, I had to give him a bath, he ran around so I couldn't catch him to dress him, when I finally dressed him and got his bag together I couldn't' find my keys. I called Amanda and let her know that we can't come unless we find the keys. I was already losing the battle of having a great day and I was feeling pretty discouraged. I looked down at my son who pulled me in for a kiss and smiled at me. I thought lets take a mini break outside and clear our minds. 

We saw squirrels, birds and a neighbors cat! Judah even started to say "kit cat".



Then he found a bunch of pine cones and sticks. 



Judah kept showing his sticks to his monster doll. 





 In the midst of all this stick finding, pine cone searching and running around with my son. I realized, I'm not losing today, their is nothing better I would rather do than hang out with my son.


The weather was pretty nice outside and I didn't mind that the keys were lost.


After we went inside I ended up finding the keys in one of my pots next to one of his plastic panther toys. Since we already missed the farmers market I decided to take Judah out for a 3 mile run around the Universiry before it got to hot outside. 

I'm a hot mess after my runs. 


After the run we shared a dairy free coconut chocolate Popsicle and then Judah went down for a nap.




The only thing I've lost today is the dust off my sneakers from running three miles!

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

16 comments:

  1. could that little outfit in the first few pics be more adorable?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids always make things interesting but what a wonderful day you did end up having. Love your positive spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he's adorable! And I like your idea of going outside for a break to calm down. I think I'll steal the idea from you and do it when things get too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are GORGEOUS!!!! and what a cute kid. :)

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock MAMA!!!! :) Way to turn your day upside down and showing it who's boss!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last picture is adorable! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i swoon for little boys in bowties!! so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby has the CUTEST outfit! And I agree...sometimes, you just need to slow down and enjoy the day =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's such a cutie! And you're gorgeous by the way :) Doesn't everything look a little better after a run?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so many days I feel like I am losing. You're right--if we're spending time with our child(ren) we are not losing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get you cotton candy folks, cause that little guy is one adorable act! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've had days like that!
    oh.. and i'm glad to see you're refueling with chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you were able to turn a sour day into a sweet one--and that outfit alone could turn any frown upside down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to not get robbed of your joy! That outfit looks even more adorable on him that it did on the hanger. Hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your son is such a cutie! <3 I love that bowtie!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh he is just SO cute. I can't believe how much he looks like you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.