Saturday, May 12, 2012

importance of family

The past four days I have honestly fallen more in love with my sweet sons heart as I was able to watch him around his Grandma and Grandpa Judkins. Until recently I don't think I truly understood the importance of their role in my sons life, Judah's eyes literally light up when he is around them. The past four days we packed in as much family beach time as we could. We collected shells, watched Judah wave to people, held his hand as he tried to run into the ocean, made yummy homemade dinners together and ate as a family on the balcony, hung out in the lazy river, walked the boardwalk together and just poured out all of our affections on Judah. As I hugged them goodbye this afternoon my heart was actually sad to see Scott's parents leave.


I haven't seen my husband smile this much in a very long time and it made my heart very happy. 


Judah has an especially soft heart for his Grandma, he wanted her to hold him or talk to him at all times.  It was cute to see the sweet smile on his face as he stared at his Grandma. I kept telling her and Scott "Judah is smitten by his grandma". 


I think these two are going to have a very special bond.


Judah also equally adores his Grandpa. He loves being able to trick him into giving him his Starbucks cup, collecting shells and he loves the "Old McDonald" song he taught him. 



Three generations of Judkins men walking the beach looking for shells. 


I'm not even kidding when I say I believe Judah is a happier boy with Grandparents in his life. He loves being around people and I think being around people who want to invest time and love into his life gives his sweet little heart so much joy. Nothing better than watching your son walk around confident in the love that others give him. 




Tomorrow we head out to Virginia Beach!!! You hear that my Va Beach mama friends we better meet up! To celebrate the ending of a wonderful Myrtle Beach Trip I am hosting a giveaway on my friend Sara's Blog. Head on over to enter!!!

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's no such thing as too much family time. i love family time, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. My grandparents were a huge influence in my life - we lost them in 2009 and 2010 respectively and it was harder on me than I ever could've imagined. A few of my tattoos are for them. So glad that Judah clearly will have that in his life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious! I have some great memories with my grandparents and am thankful we live close enough to all my kids' grandparents for them to make memories of their own. Like you said, another consistent source of love is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.