Saturday, April 14, 2012

touch a truck




Today we went to the "touch a truck" event at the fair fax government center. They closed off a huge parking lot and had trucks of every kind for your kids to touch, go inside, sit on the seat and pretend for a few moments that they can drive off. We hyped Judah up about the event for the past two days. We read to him all his truck books, would play with his trucks and kept asking him "Judah! Do you want to see TRUCKS!!!" and he would make a truck noise.  When we finally arrived this morning Judah was beside himself excited. He kept making the fire engine noise so we headed over there first. 


Judah couldn't believe how big the tires are. They are bigger than mommies car! He wanted to carefully inspect the entire fire engine, wanted to see what was behind each cabinet and door. 


He wasn't to sure what to think about the semi trucks horn when he pulled the string.


He thought dump trucks were amazing.


Sat behind the wheel of a police car, this was the one car he didn't want to get out of because he had so much fun playing with the steering wheel. 





They had water tables! Judah spent a good 20 mins playing with the toys at the table. Now I want to make one for our backyard for the summer. 


They had a tent full of tables of toy trucks, coloring stations (where you can color trucks), face painting, wet table and sand table. Since their were so many kids Judah picked up two trucks and ran outside of the tent so he can properly play with them on the gravel. 


Then Judah stopped playing with his trucks and looked up because...


A helicopter was circling really low around the parking lot! Of course we ran after it trying to see if it was going to land. 


I think all the adults were more excited about the helicopter than the kids.


Finally the helicopter landed, Scott and Laura ran up and we were able to be first in line for pictures. Judah at this point was completely crashing and actually didn't want anyone to touch him but Scott or myself. We managed to get one picture. 


Afterwards we were able to hang out with Laura and Toph for a bit before we headed home. 


Today was a very good day to be a mama to a boy who loves trucks.



Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, that's too precious. Glad you guys had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog and thought I would just say I love your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Im not sure if our city does anything like this but kids would love it!

    Ps. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa!!

      Have you heard of meetup.com? I was actually able to find out about the event there :-) they have toddler/kid friendly events posted for which ever area you live in :-) I hope you can find some fun things to attend

      Delete
  4. We just went to a "touch a truck" deal too. They are so fun and I'm with you, we had as much fun (if not more) than Ellie. Your blog is adorable, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thank you Jenny! It was really so much fun! Honestly before I had Judah was jealous of people who had kids and went to the events ;-) I mean who wouldn't want to go up to firetrucks and police cars :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.