Thursday, April 26, 2012

naked for strangers



I'm tired of being naked for strangers, meaning the Dr's I've seen over the past two weeks. We decided to finally tackle my stomach issue's because they have been affecting my daily living to the point where I called Scott up from work two weeks ago because I felt like I could barely walk. Since I've had Judah my stomach and Cesarean scar hurts. I can normally manage the stomach pain during the day, but when I try to sleep at night it occasionally acts up to the point where I have to walk around the house popping tums and praying that the pain goes away. Almost every other day in the past two weeks I have gone to several different Kaiser locations to visit Dr's to figure out what is wrong. I get naked, let them prod and poke, give them my blood and wait. Scott has been a great help and has met me at some of the locations during his lunch break to watch Judah. On a few occasions I would have to strap Judah in his car and bring him with me. Its not to bad when I get my blood drawn with him because he is a good distraction.



A few days ago I went to the radiology department for an internal sonogram, my OB has been wanting me to get one since I had Judah but we wanted to get my root canal fixed first. The radiology tech was going to check my ovaries and make sure my c section scar healed up correctly. When I first entered the room I let the tech know that I am seeing my OB on Thursday and  asked if I could have my test results by then. She said that they probably won't be in because they take over a week to process. She said my Cesarean scar is perfect and in a few years it will fade away even more. But when she checked my right ovary she voiced her concern, it looks abnormal and I might have ovarian cancer but quickly said she can't really tell me anything, my OB has to see me and talk to me herself. She then said that my OB will definitely contact me before Thursday about my results. Then she left the room to get a second opinion and all I am thinking is "she said my OB won't have my results by Thursday, how can this be that she is getting them sooner, am I really sick". I took a picture of my scans with my iPhone so I could try to research it on my own later.


After I left my appointment I found Scott and Judah playing in the Kaiser courtyard. I told Scott the news and my brain was going in a million different directions. I don't think ovarian cancer runs in my family, although my grandmother did pass away from some sort of stomach thing. I just don't know the medical details of my family history. I kept asking Scott "wouldn't have this shown up in my blood work already, why didn't it show up".  I showed Scott my picture of my scans and I tried to google the information. Lesson learned, don't ever google medical information, it will only freak you out more.  


Yesterday I didn't have any appointments. I just hung out at home and waited for an email or phone call. I distracted myself by planting lots and lots of flowers in our backyard with Judah.


Today Scott and Judah joined me when I saw my OB. She sat me down and said everything is okay. That I don't have ovarian cancer (thanks Kaiser tech for freaking me out) and that I just have a cyst that should go away soon, thats what has been causing my ovarian pain. She is going to run a few more tests but she said that she hopes that I come back in just a few short months with "happy news". When I asked her what she meant and she said "Oh it would be nice to see you pregnant again".  I laughed and said she sounded like my husband. Although it would be nice to have a baby with a Spring birthday. 


I have one more Dr's appointment tomorrow where they are going to do a sonogram of my stomach. My primary just wanted to double check that my stomach is okay, she has gotten most of my test results back and she believes I have an ulcer. I've been taking ulcer medication for the past two weeks and have already seen a difference in stomach pain (not as much) especially on days when I skip the coffee or any other acidic foods. If it is just an ulcer, it should clear up in two months if I am consistent with my medication. 

After tomorrows visit we can just focus on happier things. Like not getting naked in front of strangers, going to Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach and going with Scott to San Francisco in June while he attends the WWDC conference and maybe...just maybe...make another baby. Judah does need a little sister or brother and honestly I really do miss Judah being so tiny. 

If you haven't entered the Pixie Hat Giveaway you have till tomorrow! 


 
(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

10 comments:

  1. SO glad to hear it's not cancer and hoping you guys get some more specific answers. This stuff is never easy and it's rough when you can't just ask your body what the F is up! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to!!! I wish the tech didn't freak me out in the first place, but that tends to be the trending theme with Kaiser. They freak us out over nothing but then give us a hard time when something is really wrong. They had me get an MRI last year when I went in for a migraine! I think we may be switching insurance providers next year. Thank you sweet friend for being a wonderful support
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness everything is okay. I had a cyst August 2010 and thought I was going to die it was so bad. Much worse than pain from gallstones (which I also had). October 2010 I got pregnant with Indy. So maybe something similar will happen for you. Well it looks like you guys have a fun summer ahead, just stay positive, the stress wont help the ulcer either.

    Oh and as a licensed X-ray tech that tech was an idiot for even saying anything. They are NOT allowed no matter what. I mean I could X-ray I leg, split in 1/2 and legally I couldn't tell them it was broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Cysts are super painful! I assumed I always had one because I've had them in the past and when they took the first few sonograms of Judah I had one (when I was pregnant). Its going to be a stress free summer/spring :-) believe me I have allot less stress this year than I did last year! Here is to a wonderful spring/summer for us both :-)

      I was pretty stunned that the x-ray tech shared that with me.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to hear you don't have ovarian cancer! I can't imagine how much of a relief that had to be for you!!! I hope you're ulcer goes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Its a HUGE relief!!! I was honestly scared for about a day, then would get all emotional and cuddly with Judah. I hope the ulcer goes away in two months! :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear everything is improving and that you don't have Ovarian Cancer! Situations like this are never easy but I know you'll great through it. I wish you and your family the best!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words xoxo

      Delete
  5. Google is the worst for freaking me out. I've had to avoid the computer when I've had to visit the doctor for something potentially scary. I am so glad you are ok and its not cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! It is the worst! I typically avoid the computer but since the tech said something I just had to know. I shouldn't have googled the information or gone onto webmd. Lesson learned! I hope things are well with you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.