Sunday, April 15, 2012

mold




A few weeks ago I was joking around with some girlfriends of mine on twitter saying that I hope my vacuum cleaner (and my dishwasher) would break so we can get a new one. I inherited my husbands vacuum cleaner after we got married, its great but he had it over 8 years and it has seen better days after being the sole vacuum cleaner in a house full of college boys. I tend to vacuum allot, not only because I have a toddler boy who leaves a trail of goldfish and puffs behind him but also I love to clean. Scott's vacuum just didn't feel like it cleaned, the house always felt dusty after I used it. About two weeks ago the vacuum had a funny smell and it would get worse with each day. I texted Scott about it last week saying "I think something died in our vacuum" and I wanted him to smell it. Not thinking to look into the bag less dirt cup to see what was causing the smell I continued to vacuum with it. On Saturday I started to vacuum and I smelled that death smell again and asked Scott to come over to smell it. He came over, smelled it and made a horrible face and then looked into the bag less cup and said "Jess its covered in mold!!!" I freaked and sure enough when Scott took the vacuum outside to take a look at it the entire plastic filter was covered in stinky nasty mold! I had no idea how long its been growing in the vacuum and I use it at least once a day. Scott said " we are leaving as soon as Judah gets up from his nap and getting a new vacuum". Although I felt really bad about the mold.... I couldn't stop from smiling that I was going to get a new vacuum cleaner! Then Scott said "you know, you really want a Dyson, lets just get one of those" and I screamed "REALLY!" 

I love my Dyson! Its super light, cleans so good I swear the carpet on my stairs look several shades lighter and my home looks like it has been in the washing machine, it smells that clean! I feel like I am breathing in cleaner air in my home and last night for the first time since I moved in I was able to fall asleep with out sneezing or coughing because my allergies were not bothering me.

I promise I didn't purposefully allow mold to grow in our old vacuum, although I won't lie I am pretty grateful something happened to that old vacuum to force us to get a new one.


Today we took Judah to Burke Lake Park. It was later in the afternoon and we were itching to go outside. Scott says I am "party mom" and have to do something with Judah everyday. Im wondering now is the not normal with moms of toddlers? When we arrived at the park Judah seemed to be really tired, he has been sleeping allot and Scott said it might be because I am "party mom" and I do several "fun things" a day with him. 


On the train and ready to go! I must admit I was slightly nervous for the kiddie train. Last year in San Francisco I literally cried in the back seat when we drove down Lombard street because it was so steep. I wasn't sure if the kiddie train was going to hit any extra big bumps. 


The train went through the forest around the lake, the trees were so beautiful we felt like we were in a fairy tale.  


Judah loved the train, the only part he didn't care for was when we went through a tunnel.  The tunnel was really dark and all the kids started screaming so it sounded like a scary haunted house. It lasted maybe 30 seconds but that was enough to scare a toddler. On the way back we put our hands over his ears and hugged him tight. 


After the train ride we grabbed a strawberry ice-cream cone to share. I am so excited that Judah FINALLY likes ice-cream! He kept sticking out his tiny tongue and licking the cone. 


After the ice-cream we decided to take a walk around the lake. Judah was finally in a great mood and was happily waving at everyone.


We ended our trip with Scott trying to teach Judah how to throw rocks out into the lake. He doesn't get it yet, he would try to hide a rock in his tiny hand and when we were distracted he tried to eat the rocks. 


I hope you all had a lovely weekend! 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

13 comments:

  1. The picture of him in the stroller reminds me of a college boy, lol. So cute.
    In other new that is so nasty about the vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! he does look like a college boy!
      Oh the mold was so nasty! I was tempted to take a picture of it but didn't want to gross everyone out even more.

      Delete
  2. We inherited a lot of vacuums too. When we moved here we finally decided to spring for a Dyson and thank GOD we did. It was expensive but totally worth it. Glad you guys had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its the best gift anyone could have ever given me ;-)
      So happy you have one as well!

      Delete
  3. Ha! I think I'm a party mom too, then... I like to be out and about with the girls, I really don't enjoy staying at home. When it's cold and rainy and we end up sequestered in here, I get antsy real quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha we can be party moms together, now we just have to get our kiddos together for another play date ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love how excited you got about the vacuum cleaner! My mum has that Dyson... she actually named him Dylan. Dylan the Dyson. Hmmm. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!! Now I want to name my Dyson ha ;-) your mum is pretty awesome

      Delete
  5. Love that you're a party mom! Just think of all the fun things he's getting to see and do! New adventures and experiences everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thanks :-)
      I know I keep thinking about that, he needs to get out and be around people and just be able to explore new things, if we get stuck inside longer than a day I go nuts! :-)

      Delete
  6. That is my dream vacuum! We only have carpet in two rooms in our house so I know it will never happen. There is nothing like a vacuum that actually works! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh but the Dyson will just last longer with you if you get it for just two carpets ;-)
      Agreed, nothing like a vacuum that works! Its life changing

      Delete
  7. I inherited my husband's bachelor vacuum, too... and I am finally about to replace it! It weighs like fifty pounds and it's almost twenty years old I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.