Wednesday, April 4, 2012

in a funk and kinda freaking out

I've been reading allot of my friends blogs from this past week who have expressed that they have been in a funk and realized that the funk fever has finally hit me. I think its because this week I realized that my whole root canal fiasco wasn't coming to a close. That its going to take another week, maybe two. I never realized how frustrating it would be to schedule appointment after appointment with my dental office trying to coordinate their very limited schedule with my husbands work and travel schedule to make sure he is able to watch Judah. I'll be honest, this has been the one major complaint I've had as a stay at home mom. When I am trying to see a doctor or dentist for myself, its frustrating trying to fit it in my husbands busy work schedule. Its not his fault at all, I think he is an amazing provider and he is able to open up his schedule on most days. I just feel guilty that he has to take time off to watch Judah and I get discouraged that I have to speak to the dental office then call my husband to confirm dates and times then renegotiate the appointment with the dental office again. So the funk fever has hit me hard this week and I just want the dental issues gone. Also I am freaking out a bit because when I spoke to my dentist receptionist today she gave me a hard time about their office schedule and appointment times, I thought I had my final appointment tomorrow but she said its next week on a day that Scott has back to back meetings. She then wanted to schedule me in two weeks and I couldn't do that because Scott is out of town, I explained how frustrated I was, that this has been going on since January and if someone asked me for a recommendation for their office as of right now I couldn't give a good one. I have an appointment next week, but now I am freaking out that the dentist is going to do a really bad job on me.  I am afraid that she might get upset with me for telling her receptionist I wouldn't give their office a good review. What was I thinking? I think my funk fever has destroyed my common sense filter. Ahhh someone switch bodies with me next Wednesday or come hold my hand?  A dentist wouldn't do a bad job just because I am not happy with her office's response to me would she?

Judah has been in a sleepy funk. His naps have been off this week and once he can actually sleep he sleeps for awhile. The past few days he likes to have his beloved pillow downstairs with him so he can cuddle. I just want to lay down next to him and cuddle with him. Also Judah, why did you pick my all time favorite pillow to be your beloved pillow? 



Today Judah and I tried to break free of our funk fever bubble and headed out to run some errands. 


Judah greeted each person that walked into the Starbucks. 


We made a quick stop to the library but I realized Judah was practically falling asleep at his little car's wheel. Once we got home all he wanted to do was lay down on his pillow and nap. It took him awhile to fall asleep but once he did he slept for a few hours.  


When Scott came home we had a BBQ in the backyard. Nothing pulls you out of a funk than BBQing in the backyard and lighting strawberry marshmallows on fire. Judah was being extra adorable and was trying to "talk" on his ear of corn. 


I hope this funk fever lifts tomorrow and I hope my dental appointment goes well next week and that you all won't see any dental blog posts from me for at least a year. 


(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

9 comments:

  1. I had funk fever a month ago! You will feel GREAT when it is all done! :) I have to schedule some implants, and the process will take me like 2 years to complete... not looking forward to it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I hope it doesn't get pushed back even further and that the process is as pain free as possible.

      2 years?! yikes! I would be going crazy

      Delete
  2. OMG. The bow tie=pure awesomeness! Judah is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :-) I LOVE dressing him up in bow ties :-)

      Delete
  3. Jess, I am a first time commenter but I wanted to let you know how much I look up to you! You juggle everything with such grace and don't let everyone tell you otherwise! PS Praying for you and your mouth pain that it gets solved soon, nothing worse than mouth pain. Keep doing what your doing dear friend you are such a light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe Lydia I am so happy you commented today! You so encouraged me with your sweet words, thank you so much
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sorry you aren't feeling well :( I know that feeling, where it's like everyone is against you. So frustrating. Hope the fog lifts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your dental appointment-ing! It's hard coordinating appointments when you are a mom, period. I work full time and I am so lucky that my boss is flexible with me! I've had an endless succession of appointments for me and for my son over the last few months that would have had me fired or demoted at my last job (for being unreliable or some other something like that). It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww illness is going around everywhere at the moment hope you get better soon, loving your lil blog and your little guys bow tie is the coolest! I was thinking of getting one for my little boy to where to his 1st birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.