Thursday, March 15, 2012

weight loss update

I had this post all ready to go last night but we had to take Judah over to Urgent Care for a few hours. He has been screaming this really painful high pitched scream with big crocodile tears. He would scream for a few minutes, then all of a sudden stop just to start up 30 mins later and since this has been going on for over 24 hours we decided to call up Kaiser. The nurse on call encouraged us to take Judah to Urgent Care since he was sick the week before. They wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with his tummy because he was so sick with the Norovirus recently.  Just to be on the safe side and being first time parents who sometimes most times feel like they are fumbling through ideas and solutions on how to make your child feel better we took him in. After a few hours of an exam and x-rays the Drs showed us that Judah is really consitpated. Gave us some recommendations for some over the counter medication and said that he will be fine once he drops a deuce or two.  Part of me felt ridiculous for taking Judah in, but at the same time my heart and mind felt such a relief knowing what was wrong with my son and it was something we could take care of at home. 

 The great news for my weekly weight in is that I've lost 3 pounds so far! I started off at 175 and am currently weighing 172. Its not as much as I hoped for but I wasn't able to go out running to much last week since everyone here was recovering from being sick. I was able to go running every day this week and together as a family we are making better eating choices. I will share with everyone this weekend some of our favorite juicing recipes. 

Judah is great with running and I am so grateful I am able to take him with me. Not only does he encourage me to run by walking up to the Bob and smiling at me so I know he wants to go outside. But when I am running with him its building my muscles and helping me have more endurance because he is a heavy boy to push. All he needs for a calm run are some snacks, shades, a drink and a toy to hold onto and he is good to go.

Monday we ran 2.5 miles in 30 mins.


Tuesday we ran 3.5 miles in 40 mins.

Yesterday I went outside to go running by myself while Scott hung out with Judah. I had already ran a mile when I started to run up a steep hill and noticed that my shorts and underwear were about to fall to the ground! I stopped running, grabbed my shorts so they wouldn't fall and humbly walked as fast as I could back to the house. Scott has been trying to get me to purchase new running capris for awhile and  I finally caved and we went straight to Target. 


Now I'm equipped with new running pants so I won't chance mooning people during my runs. I still really like the Couch 2 5K plan, if you download the one that costs 99 cents you are able to sync up your music to the program so you will hear the automated man prompting you when to run or walk. 

I am currently 172 and my goal is to hit 169 by this time next week. I think I would cry, do a cheers and maybe an air pump when that happens.



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. I also love the couch 2 5k app! I just started it ... I'm on day 3 (already completed today!) I have ordered a juicer and it' should be arriving any day now so I'm looking forward to your recipes this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can I just say that I am a HORRIBLE runner/jogger and am going to look up the couch to 5K thing-a-ma-jig RIGHT AWAY!!! I am so proud of you Jess! It is so hard to stay focused when our little ones aren't feeling good :) way to hang in there!
    ** Josie was constipated the MINUTE she came out the shoot! ** We swore up and down on Miralax!!!!! Works like a CHARM! :) and our pediatrician recommended it too :)
    Keep us all posted on bubba! AND on you and your swift running! Don't you love Target's workout gear???

    Lots of Love girly,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess you should take your measurements! Even if you're not losing as much weight-wise, you might be losing lots of inches...especially if your clothes are falling off of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Encouraging post! .. as I sit here eating ketchup chips :P hehe. Great work! I long to be able to run. I'm waiting to get back into the 100s before that.. just 8 lbs to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess, good for you you are able to do exercise even with your cutie. Great you're losing pounds. I myself is running along with using hcg drops. I'm losing weight already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.