Wednesday, March 21, 2012

self confidence waning




Monday morning when I stepped on my scale I was shocked to see that I actually gained some weight over the weekend. I racked my brain trying to figure out how in the world did I gain weight. I thought I was eating right and exercising. Why in the world can't I get under 170pds since I've had Judah, I get so close only to fall back. Then it started....the discouragement slowly crept into my heart. Monday and Tuesday I used the elliptical in my home and did three rounds of crunches, push ups, squats and wall sitting. But this morning when I woke up, it was overcast and foggy, I decided I just don't want to work out today I will find some in door activities for Judah. My heart was heavy. But after breakfast my son walked over to his Bob and started playing with the wheel and would look up to me to talk. I stopped and watched him for a bit and then asked him if he wanted to go running, he looked at me and said "Bay!" and walked over to grab his shoes. I quickly changed into my work out cloths, grabbed snacks, water and toys and headed out. I didn't feel like it but knew Judah wanted to be outside in his Bob.


I decided I was going to stick with week 2 of the couch to 5k. The weather was perfect for running, overcast, cool and the air was saturated with the sweet scent of flowers. 


We ran one of our usual routes by Robinson High school. As I turned one of the corners I noticed someone wrote this note on the sidewalk right outside of the school. I kept running in case they had a hobo hiding behind the bushes. 


By the time we reached home we had ran 2.59 miles in 35 mins. 


When I walked Judah over to our park I noticed someone else wrote another note. Start to finish I had random bits of encouragement to keep going even though I don't feel like it. I feel like my fitness battle is all uphill with no results but I know in time I will start seeing some. For now I will keep working out, keep taking my son with me and keep running from the "hobo" that might be around Robinson. Sooner or later I should be able to see results. 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

13 comments:

  1. i love those little encouragement notes in chalk! just what you needed Jess! :) stick with it... i am just wrapping up week one of the couch to 5k.... i will be your cheerleader if you'll be mine! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will be each others cheerleaders! :-) Your so much better at this than I am :-)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Aren't the tree gorgeous right now!? Its amazing how sometimes if we just get past that feeling of discouragement and move forward how great we feel. I love the little chalk notes. I'm going to leave some on the sidewalk in my neighborhood this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the trees are just heavenly! we are planning on hitting up DC tomorrow to see the "real" cherry blossoms :-) Im so excited.

      Thats a great idea to leave some :-) you NEVER know who needs the encouragement and honestly I needed it yesterday
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love the bits of encouragement on your run! Baby, blooming trees, and chalk! Great job! Sendings bits of motivation your way! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness, that shot of baby below the blooming trees is absolutely stunning!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get more great shots w him tomorrow when we head to DC for a bit :-)

      Delete
  5. The trees are absolutely beautiful! Don't give up!!! Weight can fluctuate quite a bit day to day, and depending on what time of month it is :) Measurements can sometimes be a better indicator of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was actually thinking that yesterday... I wonder if its that "time of the month" for me. I've been all out of whack and off schedule bc I had some antibiotics last month for my tooth. I have all the symptoms and I tend to gain weight during that time.

      I hope to get more pics of pretty trees tomorrow when we head out to DC :-)
      thanks for the encouragement
      xo

      Delete
  6. You go girl! I've always had a hard time getting motivated to work out. I'm due with my baby boy next month and I'm trying to get myself in the mindset of wanting to work out to shed the baby weight!

    Allyssa
    breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! Oh and the good news is that you will have the baby in the spring so you can take the little one out on walks to kick start that weight loss :-) that and breast feeding helps tremendously :-)
      xo

      Delete
  7. Perfect! you are doing great Jess - those notes on the sidewalks were SO meant to be. I love this universe - always giving us what we need if we just surrender and open up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.