Saturday, March 17, 2012

relax mode




We are not on vacation, but have decided we need to be on "relax mode". This past week has been exhausting to say the least. Monday I met with our pastors wife, Tuesday I had counseling, Wednesday I had my temp crown placed on my root canal and later that night my tooth started hurting really really bad, Thursday we took Judah to urgent care for constipation and Friday my dentist was able to finally see me and told me that the assistant must have cracked my temp crown when she put it in. No wonder why I was in pain for a few days and the broken cracked crown scrapped up against my tongue for a few days so its all swollen on one side. 

Last night I didn't sleep well because I kept over thinking that I was going to end up grinding my tooth and end up breaking my crown. While awake most of the night morning I've realized that our family has been on the go, alert and on the edge of our seats physically, spiritually and mentally for the past few weeks. We need to be on a relax mode, we need to take a deep breath.


This morning was gorgeous, so after a family breakfast Scott decided he was going to take Judah out with him for a few hours. To give me a break and to run some errands.



As soon as they left the house I opened up all my windows, grabbed a big cup of coffee, my needles and yarn and hopped up on our big comfy bed and started working away at granny squares. The coffee tasted better than usual, the colors of my granny squares were vibrant and I could feel and smell the cool sweet spring breeze wafting in my open windows. This morning was perfect.


 I didn't really want to leave the house today, my whole body just ached to spend it at home. But we wanted to drop something off with a friend, stop by home deport and then possibly get a cupcake. Judah had fun at our friends house trying to eat their fake bugs. We also checked out a home for sale across the street from their house. 


We stopped by home depot for some gardening things and headed to Fairfax Government center.  


Judah had allot of fun just walking around, it was really packed but Judah loved saying "Hi" to everyone. We were going to get cupcakes but I decided against it so I can hit my weight loss goal next week, plus since it was St Patricks day the place was getting packed and my heart just longed to be home and away from the busy crowds. 


Finally home we spent the rest of the afternoon in our backyard. I worked on some gardening while Scott started up the grill for dinner.


Relax mode is the goal. I need it, Scott needs it and I am sure Judah needs it. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't venture to far from home tomorrow. We have everything we need here. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get the much needed relaxation time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you were able to relax! Fun! I need some days like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.