Friday, March 2, 2012

creating pretty things




March is the month for creating pretty things. Ever since my husband and I were dating I dreamt of transforming his backyard to a gorgeous flower garden. The first year we were married I was pregnant and was to sick to do any major planting out back, so Scott just put up a fence in our backyard, last year I was to busy raising an infant so Scott built flower boxes around the walls of the fence. This year I am prepared to tackle the backyard and transform it into something quite heavenly.

Part of todays project is to paint these adorable tiny bird houses I found on sale at Michael's last summer. Judah wanted to help so I cut out the back of a cheerios box and put some watercolor paint on a brush for him.



Judah kept trying to eat the paint brush so I gave him his binky to chew on. He never uses his binky, its only recently he likes to chew on it and pull it out of his mouth. I think he is teething again.


When ever I go to home depot I always check their sale section. I still have this mini canister of blue paint that I bought for 25 cents two summers ago. Its great for the birdhouses. 



One tiny birdhouse done....ten more to go.


This was a fun way to have Judah paint for the first time and I'll be able to frame his little painting and hang our little bird houses.


(please double click and vote for us!)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

  1. You are incredible!!!! :)
    Sorry I haven't commented lately - we got a BOATLOAD of snow on Wednesday and are building snowmen, making snow angels and trying to keep our vehicles out of the ditch!
    I loooove the little bird houses! AND the crocheted daisies you made!!!!!!!!! :)
    Lots of Love to you sweet friend,
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.